Forums

Help › Forums

Marking of golf balls?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 8 2023 2:01 PM (1 replies)
  • Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 8:41 AM

As I watch PGA/LPGA tournaments on TV, I have noticed that golfers mark their balls with various colors and designs for ease of identification.  Given their sponsors and the money they make, why do they not personalize balls with their names?

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 2:01 PM

Creatures of habit.  They've (most of them anyway) likely been marking the same way since back in the junior game before hitting the big-time.  Look at Tiger and his blacked-out Ping putter grip he used on his Scotty Cameron's, just because it was what he was comfortable with from playing if for so long.

Then there are those who do exactly what you suggest.  Sergio has his personal "logo" stamped on his, and there are others as well.  I play personalized balls i.r.l. as well, but still like to put 3 red or blue dots on both sides right beside the numbers....several times per round I usually find the way it lands the personalization is covered, especially in the rough.  This way I've got 3 sides covered and one of those will usually be clearly visible.

RSS