Forums

Help › Forums

Spot the Golf Ball #2 - 2nd Aug 2023

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 6 2023 5:24 AM (8 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2023 10:19 AM

Having voided last week's inaugural STGB competition due to the picture not being edited well enough, I think I have now managed to remove the golf ball from the picture in a way that makes it unnoticable where it was.  So, here's this week's comp.

The rules are simple - I have taken a screenshot of one of my shots on WGT, and then removed the ball from the picture.  All you have to do is put a cross where you think the ball is.

Instructions:
    You can either follow the printed instructions, or watch the video (courtesy of ScottHope).

1. Right click on the picture and copy image.
    2. In Paint, or your chosen graphics program, CTRL + V (paste)
    3. Select the Line shape (1st shape) from the Shapes section in the toolbar.
    4. Select the thinnest line from the Size section in the toolbar.  This must be done after selecting the Line shape otherwise the line thickness will go back to the default size, which is too thick.
    5. Now proceed to draw a cross using 2 diagonal lines where you think the golf ball is.  Don't make the lines too long so that they cross other crosses.
    6. Each person is allowed 10 crosses per picture (only one picture entry per person).  If there are more than 10 crosses the entry will be void.  Less than 10 crosses is an acceptable entry.
    7. Once you have placed all your crosses, save your picture (just in case anything goes wrong after this point).
    8. With the picture still open, CTRL + A (select all) then CTRL + C (copy).
    9. Upload your picture to an image hosting site.  I recommend https://postimages.org/ as it is free and the images don't carry a watermark like many other image hosting sites.  On the Postimages website, CTRL + V (paste), then post your uploaded image into this thread using the URL in Direct Link by using the Insert Media icon on the forum edit toolbar.

Instructions in video:

If the instructions are still too difficult to understand, please ask.

This week's picture:

This is the 9th hole at St Andrews.  Playing off the red tee, the hole is 262yds.  I've played a 3w off the tee and the ball has travelled 255yds (so far?).  You need to mark where you think the ball is (max 10 crosses per picture, 1 picture per person).

There will be a prize of a sleeve of balls to whoever is the closest.  You will win the balls showing in your inventory (so that I don't get someone playing with starter balls asking for top end Titleists!).  However, if you are using starter balls you will get a sleeve of Lvl47 TM's.  If anyone puts a cross on the exact spot of the ball you will get an extra sleeve of balls.

Closing date for entries is midnight on Saturday 5th August UK time (4pm 5th August Pacific Time), after which I will judge the entries and post the result in this thread.

I would like to please ask, if anyone sees something that gives away where the ball is, please let me know.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2023 2:45 AM

It's a slow start for this one, Mio.   8 )

If white crosses would be easier to see, click here.

⇩ EDIT : okily dokily. ⇩

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Fri, Aug 4 2023 4:33 AM

ScottHope:
    If white crosses would be easier to see

I can see the black ones fine in this instance, but you can do whatever colour you want so long as it can be seen.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2023 2:58 AM

I'm gonna win.....

I'M GONNA WIN!!

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2023 7:05 AM

Very possibly.  But still a few hours to go.

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2023 3:03 PM

ScottHope:

I'm gonna win.....

I'M GONNA WIN!!

How can that be? for the second time you have tried to "bend" the rules...white crosses Scott!!! It is called spot the ball, not find the cemetery!

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 12:54 AM

Lol.

You left that very late Steff. But my plan worked, for one at least.  8 )

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 4:57 AM

Here's the original picture:

Here's a close-up:

The ball is actually in the air, having bounced once.

Although you didn't quite put a cross on the ball Scott, you weren't far away.  You win this weeks prize of a sleeve of balls.  They'll be winging their way to you shortly.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 5:24 AM

Thank you Mio, that was close wasn't it. Very much appreciate the prize.  ; )

RSS