Forums

Help › Forums

Higher level players teeing from shorter tees?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 14 2023 6:14 PM (3 replies)
  • JoeS2955
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2023 9:47 AM

I am a 58 level player and have noticed almost all higher ranked players (seen 62 to 103)  for most matches teeing off from shorter length tees. I'll hit from 413 and they hit from 375. 

What's is the reason for this inequity as they drive length is farther and the forward tees help even more? 

Just noticed after reaching 56 -57 level. Makes no sense

• JoeS2955
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2023 6:14 PM

Update- Today played 6 higher levet players and 5 played from shorter tee boxes and one the same. The last player was a 83 level who played from 368 yards while me ay 58 played from 443? WTF! 75 yards closer. I hit my drive 248 yards and he hit his 272. 

How is this even conceivable as a fair game? Like this game but I this is not worth me spending money on the game. 

Need a fix soon. 

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2023 8:49 AM

Levels are not a ranking but an indication of industry, collecting XPs. Ranking goes by tier (and average, if applicable).

Normally, tee length goes by tier while club options go by level. You are a master which defines "your" tee box. Usually, a lower tiered player is less skilled which might give you some relief from their better clubs.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2023 3:04 PM

JoeS2955:

I am a 58 level player and have noticed almost all higher ranked players (seen 62 to 103)  for most matches teeing off from shorter length tees. I'll hit from 413 and they hit from 375. 

What's is the reason for this inequity as they drive length is farther and the forward tees help even more? 

You can tier up by level early on; at L20 you become Amateur, at L35 Pro and L50 TP, if you have not already reached these tiers some other way.  This method stops at TP, much to the delight of sandbaggers.   You didn't tier up that way, nor did you tier up by ranked rounds and averages.  No match play or skins visible, I'd say through coin rooms is the most likely way you tiered up.  As your coin winnings aren't massive, I reckon number of wins is more likely than "winnings". 

In coin games it looks to me like you've played 1,038 holes (the equivalent of 57.67 18's) in 4,501 strokes.  That would give you an average of 78.05. Wgt have you with 995 "rounds" and I think that's where your promotion came from.  As the vast majority of your play is in Chelsea, one hole usually means one round and wgt have promoted you for the number of "rounds" you've played and won.

What it would mean is it doesn't show some skill based tiering up.  You could play  ten one hole games a day winning three while someone else played three nines and won two, they would be gaining more experience (and xp's) and be showing greater skill but you would be tiered up quicker. 

As said I calculate your average to be 78.05, on the ranked round progression that would see you as a pro and a long way from the average of 72 needed to be a TP never mind master (for which you'd need an average of 67).  Added to all this your average has been gained with apparel.

So I'd agree you're at a massive disadvantage; they have shorter tees, better clubs, more experience and the skill will vary but you'll often be second best there too.

I want to stress everything here is from looking at your profile (and those of some high level TP's) and is my interpretation of what I see, it's a long way from being facts.

RSS