Forums

Help › Forums

Bing's House at Pebble Beach

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 13 2023 1:58 PM (5 replies)
  • BingoBaby1
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2023 6:19 PM

With the LPGA U.S. Open just concluding, I was wondering if anyone knew which house belonged to Bing Crosby that is located along Pebble Beach's Back 9.  I think it's located on the right-side along either the 12th or 13th fairways.  I've heard his house pointed out during past broadcasts of various Pebble Beach tournaments, but I don't think it was mentioned during last week's championship tournament.  I hear Bing had his own putting green in the back yard next to the Pebble Beach fairway; and many times would walk down and play a couple of holes on the Back 9 late in the afternoons just to keep in practice.

If you have an idea which house was Bing's, please post and I'll be sure to take a look when I'm next playing Pebble Beach's Back 9 stretch.

Thanks,

Bingo Baby 1 (Dallas, Texas)

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 10:06 AM

BingoBaby1:
    If you have an idea which house was Bing's, please post and I'll be sure to take a look when I'm next playing Pebble Beach's Back 9 stretch

Bing Crosby's house was located on the 13th hole:

Here is a link to a photo of it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9669564@N07/2619462974/in/photostream/

Here is a newspaper clipping from 1948 about Mr. Crosby building his "dream" house a 9 iron away from the 13th fairway.

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/?a=d&d=MT19481207.2.84&e=-------en--20--1--txt-txIN--------

P.S. I used google :)

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 4:29 PM

I read that Crosby had a putting green installed in his back yard. There is one house on #13 with a putting green....

On right side just after tee boxes.

• robertgems
    154 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 5:40 PM

Jim Nance house is midway down the 14th fairway.  Across from no. 8 green.

Large curved windows with red tiled roof.

• BingoBaby1
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2023 1:54 PM

Thanks so much for info on Bing's house.  I'll be looking for it on the Back 9.

- BingoBaby1 (Dallas, TX)

• BingoBaby1
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2023 1:58 PM

Thanks for the info on Jim Nance's house.  I knew he lived somewhere along Pebble Beach but wasn't sure exactly where.  Great place for him to chill and drink his own wine.

RSS