Forums

Help › Forums

Videos not working ?

Sun, Sep 10 2023 5:57 AM (24 replies)
  • Lost43
    4 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:48 AM

Curiously, I get free ads when I'm using my work's wifi but don't get them when I'm working from home (same device) and that's been for a couple of weeks now i.e. got them at work, next day didn't get them at home, got them at work the next day.  I've even tried watching them at home before I left for work, none available but when I got to work was able to take my full 75 videos for the day.

I've tried clearing the cache, deleting the storage, uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it's just the same.

I'm not technical but have assumed that it's something to do with my internet connection.  do you get a cache on a router?  And if so, can you clear it?

• ALAN73WHU
    36 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 12:10 PM

you should be rebooting your router every few weeks at least

• Jcarter951
    4 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:05 PM

I am dealing with same problem right now on IPad and Android. 

• robertprice125
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 11 2023 2:24 AM

No my iPad has not been getting any free credits for 5/6 days , sent mail to Wgt on Wednesday still waiting for reply, however I get free credits from iPhone last 2/3 days. There was an upgrade in ipad a week ago problems seem to have started then, think WGT problem 

• konakika
    8 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2023 10:37 AM

There have been no videos available for credits for at least 2 months now.  I rarely play now which I think WGT wants majority of players to do  in order to lower bandwidth issues.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 12:01 AM

ALAN73WHU:

you should be rebooting your router every few weeks at least

+1

A little but very solid advice right here.

It's not a must, but I even turn off, unplug and rest the router for about 4-5 minutes before turning it back on. Actually, I do this periodically for all my electronic devices such as smartphone, printer, refrigerator that are constantly on unless intervened.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 1:41 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    refrigerator

unless you hve a special refrigerator I have never heard of this before. Mine has been running steady for 26+ yrs now and not a problem. Cheers

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 1:50 AM

If it's a smart fridge then Simon probably has to turn if off occasionally to stop it getting too friendly with the tumble dryer.  8 )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 3:55 AM

Again... it's not a must, folks. Just my way of doing things. :)

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 7:05 AM

Rebooting my modem doesn't fix the problem.  Deleting the WGT app and reinstalling it will get me 4 or 5 videos then it stops working again.

Is this likely to be a permanent problem or does it magically go away at some point?

RSS