Wed, Apr 4 2012 1:34 PM (876 replies)
  • Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 1:52 PM

RyjaTybas:

Hi Bootsie,

A little assistance please!

Match 33 - Upton Manor Irons v Caddy Shack Gophers

Three of the Caddy Shack players have still not responded to friend invites from my players after one week..... this unfortunately, includes their cap'n jommi - who I have also wall posted without success. Although one match has been played at least....

Don't know if you can give them a prod at all? Many thanks.....

and even more and bigger thanks for running this tournament so very smoothly and successfully!!

Cheers, Neil

unfortunately this has been the case the entire time of this season with this team so enjoy watching stats with the rest of us Upton Manor Irons and thank your people for being so kind during the tournaments. I've heard great things about the conduct of your people on the green and you all deserve to be very proud. =)

Caddy Shack Gophers you are ejected from the tournament for multiple failures to play. All games are awarded to Upton Manor Irons.

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 1:53 PM

SgtDoodles:

Huge congratulations to Electra Hotties! You girls have played awesome throughout the comp and really deserved the win. 

Huge well done goes to all the captains and vice-captains of each team this season who made it possible to run such a successful league. I am in awe of some of the organisation skills these guys have, but none more so than...

Bootsie! GREAT job with the Winter League!! I can barely believe you have kept this comp running silky smooth with so many players involved and so much to do for just one person. I've sent you a sleeve of Callaways in appreciation for your efforts with the league. Again.. WELL DONE!

Very early doors... (still locked doors in fact!) but I'm already looking forward to the next league.

Thank you very much but you really didn't need to do that =) hugsssssss

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 1:53 PM

canuck1056:

Hey bootsie , Electra panzers and YBR have 2 games left ', 1 of our guys seems to be M.I.A. so clleejr will be playing instead of buckthebuck . thx

gotcha =)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 2:37 PM

Hi Boots ... mistake in sending in the scores (probably on our part) .. Sixkiller won  1 - 0 over Boomer43551 -- i guess it was reported the other way around.   Also Claremoreblue defeated KraftyKat 2 - 0.

Thanks for running this and for all of the other tourneys your doing.   It's a ton of work ... don't know how you keep up with it.

Cheers.

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 3:02 PM

lvietri:

Hi Boots ... mistake in sending in the scores (probably on our part) .. Sixkiller won  1 - 0 over Boomer43551 -- i guess it was reported the other way around.   Also Claremoreblue defeated KraftyKat 2 - 0.

Thanks for running this and for all of the other tourneys your doing.   It's a ton of work ... don't know how you keep up with it.

Cheers.

No actually I think that was me inverting numbers Ivetri - I was trying to keep up with stats while I was having my cold and it wasn't working so well hahhaha Sorry bout that and all fixed =)

• TC9495
    1,217 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 3:40 AM

Bootsnbra:

Photobucket                          You have secured 2nd Position in the Winter League !!

First of all I would like to say an enormous and heartfelt thankyou to Bootsie for all of your hard work in running such a time consuming tournament as this, your dedication and efforts are second to none and are truely appreciated. If it wasn't for you stepping up to the plate, I doubt this tournament would have gone ahead.

I also wanted to check on my understanding of how the tournament works and was curious as to whether the quoted announcement above was a tad premature. Looking at the stats page the Skype Dazzlers can still remain undefeated, if they win their final match, and so I thought they would then move into 2nd position. Futhermore I thought the whole idea of a Swiss system was that ONE team wins outright by being the only undefeated team rather than winning by virtue of the number of individual games won - Although I do understand that, since we had more than 64 teams entered, this would mean playing 7 matches instead of 6 to achieve this outcome.

Please don't beat me up if I've got this wrong or if it has been answered elsewhere, I was just a little curious. Thanks again Bootsie, it was a heck of a lot of fun and we greatly look forward to the next one!

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 12:21 AM

TC9495:

Bootsnbra:

Photobucket                          You have secured 2nd Position in the Winter League !!

First of all I would like to say an enormous and heartfelt thankyou to Bootsie for all of your hard work in running such a time consuming tournament as this, your dedication and efforts are second to none and are truely appreciated. If it wasn't for you stepping up to the plate, I doubt this tournament would have gone ahead.

I also wanted to check on my understanding of how the tournament works and was curious as to whether the quoted announcement above was a tad premature. Looking at the stats page the Skype Dazzlers can still remain undefeated, if they win their final match, and so I thought they would then move into 2nd position. Futhermore I thought the whole idea of a Swiss system was that ONE team wins outright by being the only undefeated team rather than winning by virtue of the number of individual games won - Although I do understand that, since we had more than 64 teams entered, this would mean playing 7 matches instead of 6 to achieve this outcome.

Please don't beat me up if I've got this wrong or if it has been answered elsewhere, I was just a little curious. Thanks again Bootsie, it was a heck of a lot of fun and we greatly look forward to the next one!

I'm going to answer this question at the end of the tournament and I promise you I have a reason for this. Once you read what I have to say you will understand why I just asked for the games to conclude out first I promise =) Hugssssss and beat you ? Only if you tease with chocolate and don't share lol

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:38 PM

a great season....super way to spend the winter !!!

A HUGE Thank You To Bootsie for running this.....when you hand out awards Bootsie dont forget to give yourself a dozen or so        @-->-->--

and a big TY to all of the teams we faced ...the games were competitive and friendly  :)

• rodschi
    256 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 1:00 AM

In the name of the Rhein-Main-Golf-Club players i would like saying a B I G THANK YOU to BOOTSIE for her great work - you make a wonderful job!

We enjoyed our first League Season, it was a great pleasure playing against such nice and strong teams.....

Last iam hoping for a Summer League 2012 - would be fantastic!

Cheers and Hugggggggs,

Roger

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 3:47 AM

Congrats to the Electra girls team for winning. Thank you Bootsie for you hard work in putting this on.

Everyone in EZ Country Golf Club quite enjoyed it.

RSS