Forums

Help › Forums

Flawed player rankings?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 27 2023 11:02 AM (6 replies)
  • RobertBortz440
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2023 6:15 AM

Hi gang. RB440 of Babylon5 here with a bit of a quandary. Dec 31 I played a coin game with a guy who's player rank was Master level 51. I think I was an amateur when I was a level 51. Is this even possible? Please someone chime in and set me straight. Happy New Year

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 11:45 AM

yes, its possible.

Some level up faster than they tier and others tier faster than they level up. I ranked up in tier faster than I could make new level.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 11:55 AM

Quite frankly, being a level 88 Tour Pro is not the norm, I'm sure I was already at Legend tier at that level, and I'm nowhere near the best.  You need to start playing some ranked/scored strokeplay games as you've only played 3 in the last 3 months.  Start entering the weekly WGT tournaments, you can win credits as well as improving your game.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 11:59 AM

RobertBortz440:
    Is this even possible? Please someone chime in and set me straight.

100% possible. Level and Tier have nothing to do with each other.

Level is just the Quantity of games you play. The more you play, the more XP points you earn the faster you level up.

Tier is based on the Quality of how you play those games. The better you play and the lower you score the faster you will tier up.

• Clubeight
    109 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 4:11 PM

Unfortunately there are also some restarters out there that are already good and take advantage of people with a lowered tier account and shorter tees. I wish there was a way to cap the equipment available according to which tier they are and not what level they are. I have been playing some 110+ level tour masters for a few years now that never have their avg. go up. Some have a very high fake avg and easily shoot at a tour legend or higher level. All they are doing is taking advantage of the best equipment and the short tees. They won't play ranked rounds because they know they will tier up.

I won't play with most of them.

RSS