Forums

Help › Forums

Deliberate disconnections

Sun, Sep 16 2012 2:07 PM (49 replies)
  • ScrumpyJack
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:45 PM
    Hi, Only being playing several days but have discovered that it's quite difficult to get people to last a round! Over half the games I've played with against others the game as ended because one or more people have left after bad shots. Is this something that you just have to put up with in the game and it is generally accepted?
  • GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:06 PM

Sadly it happens ALLOT. Try to make yourself a good group of friends that logs on and off about the same time. Maybe even make a place to meet each other outside of  the game. (Yahoo messenger or similiar) since there's no way to talk in real time outside of a match.

Hang in there, you'll gain a good group to play with :)

GD

79 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:32 PM

ScrumpyJack:
    s this something that you just have to put up with in the game and it is generally accepted?

WGT has had ample time to correct this, but for reasons that are unknown, they choose to ignore. Many threads and posts, so they know the problem. To answer your question

YES

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:36 PM

Actually, if you'll look over on the right under Upcoming product releases, you'll see.

Coming Soon

• New outfits for avatars
    • Ability to enter a reason for declining a multiplayer game invitation
    • Match play rematch option
    • Green speed selection for multiplayer practice rounds
    • Additional balls and clubs

Roadmap Features

• St Andrews stroke play course
    • Reputation tracking–see multiplayer game completion rates for every player
    • Concede putt in match play
    • New hole locations
    • Gifting
    • Online status color-coding
    • Ability to save and share scorecards
    • Multiplayer closest-to-the-hole game format
    • The Challenge at Lanai closest-to-the-hole course
    • “My Tournaments” section in player profile – track your status and standings in tournaments
    • “My Friends” tab for tracking friends’ results in tournaments
    • Leaderboards for game statistics
    • Shot-shaping and stance controls
    • Up/Down/Side hill lies

GD

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:44 PM

ScrumpyJack, just join the Ladders site. Quitting not tolerated there.

• ScrumpyJack
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:56 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Golfdum, I hope the reputation tracking will also be retrospective as I memorised some of the people that spoilt my games and wasted my time over the last few days.  ;)

Cheers Faterson, will definitely join. :)

• Hodoggy
    5 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 8:39 PM

i agree with you about people leaving. when they are playing bad they do that to prtect their ranking/rating. one person here even sent an insulting message to me about pulling out without knowing the reason. the reason is i am on electric power only on my lapto coz of a worn out battery. the new one is due here tomorrow. i accidently pulled the power cord out while tring to reposition myself as my right leg is broken. This person didnt like what happened at all.

what i want to know is how to post info under the "friends updates" column. you know the place were you see statements about who just became friends, and ho shot what where?

can you help me with this?

Hodoggy

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 8:45 PM

The updates are compiled automatically by the site's software. There's no way to post specific information to the friends feed.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 9:07 PM
    Will the last player in a multiplayer game be required to finish if everyone else has quit..? Seems a little unfair to label that person a quitter under the updates if there is nobody to play against.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 9:14 PM

You got that right. There was a thread discussing this with WGTadmin, where we pointed out that this new feature needs to be implemented correctly by WGT. That is, if everyone else quits on you, you should be allowed to quit without any penalty, because at that moment (when you're alone on the course), it's no longer a multi-player game.

RSS