Forums

Help › Forums

Looking for help.

Tue, Nov 15 2011 5:11 AM (26 replies)
  • iukine
    195 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 12:27 PM

The debate continues, That's it YJ. nobody knows how many times one player can attempt a tourney and or a qualifier. But when it says "unlimited", there's the rub. That's why some kind of limit or something, maybe 10 or 20 credit charge for each extra tourney or qualifying event entered, when they are unlimited. How's that for a choice. I don't know what the solution is, but, 1 qualifying round is plenty, and 1 tournament rnd. unless multi round format is what is needed for the big tourneys  (U.S. Open trip etc.). But, for CC tourneys is anyones guess. Once you put the unlimited moniker on it, that's it! It's unlimited period. I personaly would like to see an end to all unlimited tourneys, qualifying and CTTH. Get rid of it! For a site that boasts that it is the most realistic online golf game, they have set it up so that the results are unrealistic scores. Key word here is UNREAL. I for one would like to see everyones scores go up to, let's just say, PGA  averages, just for that "realistic" feeling. I'm just as guilty as the rest of the players on here as far as the restart button goes. But if it was removed, I wouldn't miss it one bit. My average would go up and that, to me, would be more real. And last but not least, maybe a handicap system of some kind would help. But that carries its own demons. These also, could help alleviate the cries of cheat that all are so tired of hearing.

• MissouriDan
    312 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:10 PM

I put the word offender in quotation marks because thats what others have said. That was not me personally saying that. Thanks to everyone whos responded. I do have another question though. If I set up a pay to play CTTH tourny which cant be set to single play and a player pays the initial entry fee can he play it over and over again for that one fee or does he have to pay per round??

MissouriDan

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:54 PM

After the initial entry fee the player can play until they pass out from exhaustion if the setting is unlimited.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:55 PM

MissouriDan:
    If I set up a pay to play CTTH tourny which cant be set to single play and a player pays the initial entry fee can he play it over and over again for that one fee or does he have to pay per round??

It's just a one time fee. So if I were to play your CTTH tourney and it cost 100credits to play, then I'll enter it, pay the 100credits, play it and then if I wanted to re-play it then it would not cost an additional 100credits. 

Also there is something that is bothering me. Some are saying that you can't check to see how many times someone plays a tournament that is set up in the CC Tournament section. Well that is wrong. You can. Go to the players profile page and click on his/her score history. In there it shows exactly what he/she has played and how many times along with what they shoot. Now maybe the one's that said you can't check were referring to something else. And if so then I apologize. Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone didn't know. Hope this helps. Take care all. 

Master Yoda

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:56 PM

We I am not a club manager or owner- but since he knew the guy enter 20 times- I figured he could tell how many times the guy entered each tourney... 

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 2:18 PM

AceMcBirdy:

to satisfy everyone it would take an tourny option of play as many time as u want but the entry fee has to be paid each time u play....lol...how many grinders would we have then...If its unlimited play then its unlimited play and he should sue you for 1 million credits if you boot him for that...i am a lawyer and will represent....this is Ace signing off

Not true ACE.

If you enter a pay for play unlimited tourney, you only pay when you post your score. Hence, you can play as many times as you wish if you do not complete the final hole.

BD

• MissouriDan
    312 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 2:36 PM

jwhistler31:

We I am not a club manager or owner- but since he knew the guy enter 20 times- I figured he could tell how many times the guy entered each tourney... 

This is correct. After fielding complaints about this player I went and checked out the score history. Every tournament that is set up for unlimited play is played on average 15 or more times. Now this player doesn't just play the unlimited ones. They also  play the single round ones as well. I was just looking to get some feedback from other players on this. I dont play real golf all that much but one of the arguments Ive heard about this from CC mates is that " in real golf you play your round and thats it. There is no reset button." I just didnt know if there was such a thing as unwritten rules of golf that state even though the tournament is unlimited, that  you souldnt  go overboard and play it 20+ times. After reading the feedback Im still standing by my original response to these players. If this person can do it, so can you. If this person posts a score and you beat it and then this person tops it. Well, go in and top theirs again.

MissouriDan

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 3:58 PM

esssy:

SO I LICK HIS SORRY BACKSIDE OUT

lmmfao  :)))  

My deepest apologies esssy but you left yourself wide open for this one. 

Lashe

RSS