Forums

Help › Forums

Looking for help.

Tue, Nov 15 2011 5:11 AM (26 replies)
  • MissouriDan
    312 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 2:23 PM

Hi guys and gals. I am stuck in a situation and I dont know what to do. I own a CC and I have tournaments, free and pay to play, running all the time. Over the last couple of months I have been fielding complaints from other CC mates about a certain player who will play the tournament over and over and over again until they get the best score. I know that I can set up almost all of the tournaments as single play and I do that a lot. But the CTTH tournaments dont offer that option. For that reason I have stopped having credit payout CTTH tournaments because no one will play them knowing this player will play for hours until they beat the top score. One response Ive given to the complaints is "well, go play it again and beat the top score." This works for the most part but it gets hard to do that when the "offender" is playing the tournament 20+ times to get the high score. So my question is, should I boot this player? Give them a warning and if the behavior persists then boot them? Is it even a problem to begin with? I just dont know what to do.....

MissouriDan

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 2:37 PM

Not sure this offence is punishable by dismisal or an offence period.  

With that said, the whole point of CTTH is the grind.   If you wanna win you got to play, and that entails sometimes hours on end.  Right now in our CC, we have a CTTH for new R11s irons, you wanna win those you better put some time in.

So the reason this person keeps on winning is cause they take the time to play it over and over again, so kudos.    If other people dont like this, then i guess you stop hosting the CCTH as you stated you already have.

Cheers,

b0gey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 3:01 PM

I'm one of those that would pound out round after round on CTTH tournaments trying to best the score. I still do it. If anything, it really tunes you into your clubs with all types of shots. There are so many CTTHs that you can work your entire bag out just playing the first 2 or 3 holes over and over again.

For a CC member to aspire to be the best CTTH player in the house is something to be recognized, IMO. If anything, it should serve as a motivator.

• PaulLowery
    34 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 3:35 PM

As far as I can see,this guy's doing nothing wrong at all,the problem  seems to be, is that the others have  "whining members syndrome" you should consider booting them rather than this other poor guy who's been singled out because he wants to win.At least he plays your comps. Over half of the 43 members in my cc wont even play so,I've had no choice but to boot them. I now state that sleeping members will not be tolerated.

Good Luck and,tell the whiners to practice more or,get hell out of your club.

Paul...owner of the BLUE TROUT CC"

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 4:15 PM

Hello there MissouriDan. I gotta agree with everyone here. Now I'm not a CC owner, but I am in charge of running all the tournaments in my CC. If I found out that someone was playing a tournament that I set up in the CC Tournament section 20+ times then I would say "great"! If I set it up as unlimited play, then he is doing nothing wrong in my opinion. If the others want to play them and win it, then they got two choices. One, play it just as many times and do better than him. Or, two, just simply be better at the game. More specifically iron work. Other than that there isn't much you could do. Why punish someone for putting time in and striving to be better than everyone else? Or maybe you could do those types of tournaments on weekends and putting a time limit on them of a day or so. That should give everyone that wants to play them sufficient time to do so depending on their schedules. Hope everything works out for ya. Take care.

Master Yoda

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 6:16 PM

Hi Dan.  I too agree with all that's been said here before me.  Unlimited = play as much as you like!  Kudos to the member that hammers out round after round to top the others and achieve his/her best possible score.

You ask if you should boot this member.  If this is the only reason that you'd consider doing so than I'd say Absolutely Not!  However, other questions need to be answered.  Is this member an active member of your CC otherwise?  Does he/she play in the other Tourney's as well?  Do they interact with the other members of the CC in regards to your CC Forums, playing rounds w/fellow CC members, etc.?  In short, is this member only a CC member to win the Unlimited CTTH Tourney's?  If that is the case than perhaps there is merit to removing them as they bring nothing to your CC Family other than being the ringer for your CC's CTTH Tourney's.

Just my opinion.

• AceMcBirdy
    51 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2011 7:09 PM

to satisfy everyone it would take an tourny option of play as many time as u want but the entry fee has to be paid each time u play....lol...how many grinders would we have then...If its unlimited play then its unlimited play and he should sue you for 1 million credits if you boot him for that...i am a lawyer and will represent....this is Ace signing off

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 5:07 AM

MissouriDan:
    "offender"

Sorry now but that is a bit harsh(offender)that player is your most loyal member imo,or should we give the boot to all players who try there best on here if that was the case there would not be many players left,  ;)

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 8:21 AM

If he has to ante or pay credits to enter the tournament then whats the big deal- he pays to enter over and over again.... now if its a reward of credits that you put up, and he enters over and over again for free thats another story.  You could always create club rule as to how many entries memebrs can have.... if he refuses to stick to then warn and boot. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:05 AM

jwhistler31:
    You could always create club rule as to how many entries memebrs can have.... if he refuses to stick to then warn and boot. 

How would he ever know how many times he tried? Until you hit that last shot nobody knows anything.

It seems the consensus is tough noogies for the complainers. Feel empowered by these responses, MissouriDan, and raise the prize. LOL 

RSS