Forums

Help › Forums

Rapture Wedges

Thu, May 20 2010 4:55 PM (21 replies)
  • molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 1:48 PM

Kaslo, you are correct...however;

the snake eye 56 being a 70 yard club...i carry 85 and 50 yard wedges..i have no desire for a 70 yard club.

the snake eye 60 at 55 yards offers no appreciable upgrade to the starter LW at 50 yards...i'll keep my 100 credits....honestly, i'd purchase the tour starter 60 before i opted for the snake eye 60.

gl

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 1:53 PM

Hey Kas...I looked at them over and over with appeal, similarity and low price...what else can you provide...are we missing something good?

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 3:05 PM

Only my opinion but I prefer something with more spin when i get close to the green. The Snake eyes have only 1 dot of spin. I use a rapture club set with the slow meter but my wedges are all on a fast meter. It really didn't take long to get used to it.

GD

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 6:58 PM
    I have the Snake Eyes & they're ok. I had to learn to do bump & run cause they don't stop. They work for me because my accuracy @ dinging fast meter stinks. Perhaps the rest of the G10's, wedge set. With a slower meter & 2 dots spin and accuracy. UW 50.0° bounce 11.0° SW 54.0° " " 12.0° LW 58.0° " " 12.0°
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:10 PM

Personally I am on the same page with Molideha.  The reason for requesting Rapture wedges is to have a wedge set that is consistent with my irons in physics and timing.  I consider myself a very accomplished player on WGT but have struggled with timing issues going from a Pro Rapture iron to my Ping wedges.  Great wedge play is crucial to scoring well (sub 62) and I believe Rapture wedges would be a great addition to anyone's bag that has the irons.  In the interim, I will continue to play my G10 master set while my Pro Raptures collect dust on the shelf.

I have all the same wedges that Faterson spoke of and have performed quite well with them coupled with my G10 master irons. Apparently I just don't quite possess the high skill level necessary to perform with varying meter speeds.  Maybe I could if I became one of those torturous people who take 5 practice swings on every shot but just can't bring myself to do that.

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:20 PM

^   what jake said!!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:40 AM

Jake, relax. You start a post with a question, then end a post describing all of the reasons why you are frustrated with your little game and your clubs and swing meter speed problems? Grow up! Dude you are pretty good...roll with it, but please you always sound like a chick moaning about this and that...just play

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 1:09 AM

SweetiePie:

Jake, relax. You start a post with a question, then end a post describing all of the reasons why you are frustrated with your little game and your clubs and swing meter speed problems? Grow up! Dude you are pretty good...roll with it, but please you always sound like a chick moaning about this and that...just play

LMAO!!!

sorry chippy

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:39 AM

just to be clear, in the event WGT is actually listening;

it would be nice to see some SLOW METER wedges....we accept they would carry the same characteristics as the Raptures (low precision and high forgiveness)...a full dot of spin or a dot and one half would be nice....Snake Eye wedges are NOT slow meter...they (and a few others like the tour starter wedges)  just happen to be the slowest meter available in the wedges.

speaking for myself, i am fast meter ding challenged, but i'm not the only one...please don't forget about us WGT.

ty

• Welly597923
    6 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:47 AM

I personally use both snake eye wedges and have found them to be very handy in the sand.  The only draw back is the short distance ranges, but have holed several times from the sand and at the fringe with both. ;-)

RSS