Forums

Help › Forums

Rapture Wedges

Thu, May 20 2010 4:55 PM (21 replies)
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 9:41 PM

Just wondering when WGT will release Rapture and Rapture pro wedges?  Seems odd that they have the hole line from driver to PW but no sand or lob wedges.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 5:55 AM

they must want us to carry the free starter LW for life.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:03 AM

Great short-range wedges are already available, such as the 64-degree Ping wedge and especially the most recently added 64-degree TaylorMade wedge. I holed in with a flop shot at Bethpage 18 earlier today, using the TaylorMade wedge.  

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:37 AM

i have to believe you are missing the point faterson...the high spin/high precision wedges have no value if you are missing the ding by a 1/4" left and right....stopping the ball on a dime 5 yds from the cup hurts my score, not help it.

i currently use the slowest meter wedges they offer, which includes the starter LW...if rapturesque wedges were offered (low spin, low precision, high forgiveness, slow meter) i'd try them.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:48 AM

molideha:
    the high spin/high precision wedges have no value if you are missing the ding by a 1/4" left and right....stopping the ball on a dime 5 yds from the cup

You may be slightly exaggerating there, I believe.    I've just hit another flop shot with the TaylorMade wedge at Bethpage 18 and missed the ding by more than a 1/4", but the ball firmly landed 1 foot from cup and stuck there, leaving basically a tap-in putt for me.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:53 AM

where did i say a flop shot from 18 yds would miss by 5 yards?

miss by 1/4" from 70 yards and tell me where your ball stops.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:57 AM

I fully agree with Jake. I likewise find it odd that the Rapture line is complete sans the wedges and a master level driver. I also must roll with Mo. I still use the freebie LW and a replacement for it is not, in any way, in consideration.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:10 AM

SweetiePie:
    sans the wedges and a master level driver.

"Master-level driver"?    That's an absurdity (non-existent in real life), and I believe we already have the Rapture version of the "Master-level driver". It's the new Rapture Pro V2 driver. It may not reach the distance of the "Master" R9 driver, but I don't think that's a significant deficiency.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:00 AM

Perhaps that is true, perhaps not. There are now in place several clubs that can only be purchased by one who is at Master lever. That is what I was refering to. A Rapture driver that is, say at the 265 range.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 1:16 PM

You guys do know about the Snake Eye wedges? Very similar stats as rapture irons.

RSS