Help › Forums

this is really annoying me.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 22 2009 2:14 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ijozz
    7 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 7:34 AM

i really hate when your in a single pay tournament, and you line uo your shot to where u want the wind to push it, you take your shot, you hit the "excellent" line and it flies oposite direction of where you wanted it to go.

• Zpin
    18 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 7:22 PM

well, i haven't had that happen to me in a toury, but it did happen a few times where i hit perfect on the swing and the ball flies another way, i think it has to do with wind speed vs angle of you compare to the pin, but again, i really don't know, but i understand what your saying. : )

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 5:33 AM

There is a programed deviation in this game (most call it the beast). It is supposed to replicate 'bad' shots in real life. By bad shots I mean the ones you think you hit perfect but end up not so perfect. (not that it has ever happened to me...cough....cough).

This deviation can be countered by buying clubs with higher 'precision' but it will never go away totally.

Remember......it's not a bug, it"s a feature.(pilfered from Snaike)

Happy hitting

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 8:56 AM

Soulcatcher:

There is a programed deviation in this game (most call it the beast). It is supposed to replicate 'bad' shots in real life. By bad shots I mean the ones you think you hit perfect but end up not so perfect. (not that it has ever happened to me...cough....cough).

This deviation can be countered by buying clubs with higher 'precision' but it will never go away totally.

Remember......it's not a bug, it"s a feature.(pilfered from Snaike)

Happy hitting

Clarification is required--------

(not that it has ever happened to me...cough....cough).

Would that be         " hit perfect" ?

or... "end up not so perfect."?

Just a casual observer wondering....... :)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:08 AM

On the course.......mostly, hit not so perfect and have it end up worse......lol.

• Ijozz
    7 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:27 AM

i mean i hit the "excellent" line on the meter and it went the way it would of gone if i had not lined the shot up.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:04 PM

I guess my attempt at humor confused some people.

The Beast is a programmed deviation that causes rogue shots.

This means that sometimes when you hit the perfect line the shot will go left or right or short.

As well sometimes when you mishit a shot it will correct it for you. This is why some of your shots end up better than you thought they would based on how much you missed the perfect line.

*edit.....by snaike

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 2:50 PM

Soulcatcher:
    The Beast is a programmed deviation that causes rouge shots.
    /cough.../cough....hey SC, try "rogue"... "rouge" is a color!

I hear my name and I appear.  SoulCatcher is right, it's not a bug, it's a feature.  Besides, if the ball went exactly where you aimed it, this wouldn't be WGT, it would be TWO, where daily tournament winners shoot a remarkable -28 for ONE ROUND ON THEIR FIRST DAY!!!!!!!

But I digress.... the "Beast" has its function and reason for being here and I, for one, think it adds a bit of realism to the golf game.

But, again, that's just my 2¢  

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 3:04 PM

Glad to see you back ole slithering friend .... i've got a better idea though ( imo ) .... fix the deviations problems ( or uninstall the "features" ) and make the winds intermittant (sp?) and changing in direction with no consistency ... i.e. a 20 mph wind that suddenly dies to about 10 for a few seconds or a 5 mph wind that suddenly gusts to 11 or so ... that would add real life seaside links style realism to this game and reduce the ridiculously low scores that are being shot ... now THAT would be the most realistic situation achievable in virtual golf ... that's my nickel's worth ...

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 6:06 PM

Snaike:

Soulcatcher:
    The Beast is a programmed deviation that causes rouge shots.
    /cough.../cough....hey SC, try "rogue"... "rouge" is a color!

Maybe I just find rouge to be an offensive colour (the Queens english, colour I mean ) .........lol

Still no fish for you sir.

Welcome back.

• PAGES
RSS