Help › Forums

The Kinds of Courses that WGT Should Be Trying to Get

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:20 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:52 PM

True.  De-railed, but a necessary response.

As to types of courses WGT should be looking at acquiring:  Great courses, legendary courses, challenging courses, good-looking courses... and courses we all have a chance of playing in real life.  'Cause when I botch a 64 degree wedge next to the green on #15 at Bethpage I want to be able to go there in real life and try the same shot... hopefully with better results.

• ThomasRalph
    7 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 1:33 PM

Shinnecock Hills is  a muni course compared to their neighbors in East Hampton NY,the Maidstone. The stories about that place are legendary. Just ask Diana Ross.

• Painfactor
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 3:03 PM

how do i unlock strokeplay on the rest of them so far i have bethpage and kiawha

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 3:08 PM

Thats it for now PF,you missing out just like the rest of us.lol..Rumor has it St. Andrews is on the way,maybe right after the first of the year.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 4:14 PM

Shinnecock Hills is muni, honestly man, have you any knowledge about golf? Shinnecock Hills is top five in america on any golf website. Not saying that Maidstone isnt nice, because it is, but i would rate it maybe 6th on LI. Sebonack, National, Shinnecock, Garden City, and BPB are all better courses.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:03 AM
    Anyone that calls Shinnecock a "Muni", has never played it.
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:18 AM

Just from my experience of playing what WGT has given us.Im thinking more about playing style  than parkland or desert, or seaside.

I would call Beth Page a pseudo risk and reward style of course. Im not quite sure how to classify K.I. except as a putters course, classic Pete Dye Florida style but set in  the Carolina.

So Im thinking, what might be another great follow up. Im thinking Medina, (a very strategic course). Perhaps just for its fame, Augusta. Pebble Beach has to be in there..Congressional is another course that would set up interestingly well for this game.

Avonel is a fabulous strategic design that will really test your grey matter and is very scenic. Jack's Muirfield village has a lot of very interesting holes as well as some of the best risk and reward par 5's in the business.. Id take most anything at this stage...but its an interesting discussion regardless.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:55 AM
    Augusta would be amazing but I dont think that will happen anytime soon. WGT would have to shell out waaaay too much.
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:20 AM

GITrDONE:
    The WGT would be a good place to put a few million and put all the courses we can stand for stroke play.Once Tiger is completely away from the PGA

Well stated GIT. Pro golf certainly was boring until Tiger showed up on the scene. One can only hope WGT will accept a deal from the PGA, and broaden WGT's horizons. This is the potential I talked about in earlier threads.

Play well.

• PAGES
RSS