Help › Forums

The Kinds of Courses that WGT Should Be Trying to Get

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:20 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 4:38 PM

What makes the most sense for WGT is to first focus on getting a course that represents each of the major groups of golf courses. Meaning a parkland course, a scottish/irish links course, a lowland course, a heathland course, a mountain course, a desert course, a seaside (not links) course, a Florida style course (not sure what to call it but it deserves a group) a meadowland course, and an American style 'links course.' Here are the course that should be added based on my criteria. With scottish links, parkland, and lowland course excluded because we already have Bethpage (parkland), Kiawah (lowland), and soon St. Andrews (scottish links). This would give the site great variety and I think would really raise interest and popularity. 

Desert Course: TPC Scottsdale

Mountain Course: Banff Springs

Meadowland Course: Shinnecock Hills

American Links Course: Bandon Dunes

Heathland Course: Sunningdale

Seaside Course: Pebble Beach

Florida Course: Seminole

• McKnights
    6 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 2:55 AM

Lets not forget Sawgrass

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 4:44 AM

but ask anyone who has played both, they will tell you seminole is better. just because sawgrass is more well known doesnt mean it is better.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 5:57 AM

I would love to see any of the above courses, especially Shinnecock. Unfortunately, they will NEVER allow it. Shinnecock is the epitome of "private" when it comes to just about everything. I would imagine Seminole is the same way.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 6:44 PM

Personally, I'd love to see Bali Hai finished and put into stroke play here. I know it's a ball losing course but gosh it's pretty to look at. You can get a bit lost in the palm trees and warm sun there if you take your time :)

GD

• aldoregozani
    12 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:38 AM

i agree GD, plus (even though i don't know the process) they already have parts of the course done so it would mean less amount of work. but hey i'd take any new course anyday. happy holidays

phil

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:27 AM

oppy:
    What makes the most sense for WGT is to first focus on getting a course that represents each of the major groups of golf courses.

Great sell oppy. Keep in mind, WGT doesn't have that almighty PGA endorsement, so if any of those courses are open to the public, WGT may consider implementing them.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:39 PM

Richard4168:
    WGT doesn't have that almighty PGA endorsement

Thats true Richard but the PGA might wanna broaden it's horizons since they have all but lost they're golden goose. I don't know if the WGT is interested in any sort of deals involving the PGA but it wouldn't be a bad idea.Tiger leaving the PGA wont shut it down but they are used to the revenue the man generated.With out it the PGA might want to look else where to make up the loss.The WGT would be a good place to put a few million and put all the courses we can stand for stroke play.Once Tiger is completely away from the PGA I wont be watching anymore because it will go back to being what it was before he got there...A bunch of rich white guys that,if it were up to them a minority never would of been allowed to play in the first place,Gee I just can't really relate to those type of people.I just tuned in to watch Tiger put them in they're place week in and week out.Really gonna miss that.

Larry

<P><S>     Great pic's OPPY.Makes hate winter just a little bit more now seeing all those beautiful courses and being stuck inside.LOL

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:27 PM

Larry... I totally respect your skills on this site and I respect you.  But I don't buy into your argument that Mr. Woods wouldn't have been allowed to play on the tour by a bunch of rich white guys, if they'd had their choice.  As a country I think we're beyond that.  And a lot of those "rich white guys" and gals are of Latino/Latina heritage and other cultures and ethnic groups, as well. 

What I want to see when I watch the tours are the best damn golfers out there... not some watered down version.  Sorry, in good conscience, I couldn't let your comment stand without objecting to it.  

Now, regarding Tiger, I don't really like him these days, and will need to find someone else to cheer for.  Though I will watch him in awe for his immense golf skills and prowess.  But I will no longer root for him.  I have no problem with him messing around with 100 women.  But it is just wrong to do that when he has a wife and children.  Tiger is a case of arrested development and he should have remained unmarried for a while longer.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:41 PM

Thread officially de-railed.

• PAGES
RSS