Help › Forums

We need an Ejection button

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:41 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AZKAHUNA
    5 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:13 PM

After recently joining I am enjoying playing and meeting many wonderful golfers. I understand the effort it takes to get better and competition only makes me better. With all the little quirks in playing WGT nothing irks me more than when players "disconnect" to save their scores. Many have said that's to be expected. I say "bullshit". We need an "Ejection" button to report the swelled heads after an obvious disconnect. Let there be a "Leaderboard" showing their names. Maybe public humiliation will make them think better next time they accept or seek an invite. Getting even is always fun! Tell me what you think.

• nitromoe
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:26 PM

I totaly Agree With you. It seems that if they dont birdie on the first hole, there out of there.I think there should be some sort of flag system that would let us player, good or bad player see that these player discounect often.

• BayouRunner
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:56 PM

I agree. I suggest a 5% penalty be added to ones average if they quit  3 times or more.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 5:07 AM

Hey guys,

They are working on 'reputation tracking'. It is in the upcoming features area located HERE.

It is a good idea when posting on a subject to click on the 'related' tab at the top of the box when you are writing your post. That way you can read what has already been written on the subject and then help refine the ideas in that thread. That way we are helping WGT and things happen faster.

At any rate welcome and happy hitting.

• Zpin
    18 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 6:44 AM

i find when players quit on you, before they take there turn it will freeze the game. This happen 3 times today when i was playin with a full group of 4 and someone quit before there shot, and everyone was force to quit to game after a front 9 was already played.

-Z

• AZKAHUNA
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:51 AM
    Thanks for the advice.
  • BigMack649
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:14 AM
    AZKAHUNA, I am not exactly new to this game, but there are things that I am learning everyday. For instance, I agree totally that one shouldn't be able to disconnect after starting a game. This makes total sense, and I know that previously, I have been a culprit. Until recently, I was unaware of being able to start a practice game with another player to prevent stats from being affected. Now, I know it is frustrating to start a game and have one (or many) disconnect from the game. This is a formal apology to those who have encountered me in this situation, but I have one question about tracking disconnectors. What happens if their computer is a piece of crap which freezes on them, or shuts down? I know this didn't happen with me, but I also have kids that I watch when my wife is working. Sometimes they require my attention after, say for instance, the first nine holes have been played.
  • landscaper731
    18 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:24 AM
    I agree that if you disconnect to keep your average good that is super bad sportsmen ship !!!!!! But a lot cannot be blamed on that alone. There are those of us here who live out in the country and have to put up with Hughes Net Satellite now they will tell you that it is high speed boy what a joke that is. Every cloudy day, rainy day snowy day you are off and then on you slow down and speed up. you do not have a clue if you have not experienced it. In plain English it is hell. It is so bad that I will not play a round with anyone because if I would get disconnected I would have to wear a LABEL as a quitter and that is not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!! So there, in reality there is a difference in a quitter and someone who disconnects on purpose. And we need to look at this before we label someone!!!!!!!!!! Because if you do not walk in their shoes we do not know. It’s very easy for us to sit in our big old easy chair at out computers and say he or she is this or that. Think first!!!!!!! Who knows you one day could be on Hughes Net yourself!!!!!
  • AZKAHUNA
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:19 PM
    You are absolutely right sir. There are those that are not the obvious quitters. Thank you for your comments.
  • drdaz123
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 8:48 AM
    but the system would give an idea as to how often, regardless of the reason why, you have disconnected. in order for those who enjoy a full game to workout which other users are going to give them one.
  • PAGES
RSS