Forums

Help › Forums

Which top 10 course would you most like to see on WGT?

Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:14 PM (45 replies)
  • JLadenburg
    19 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:14 PM

danohi50:

Sahalee was included with PGA 1999 and 2000.(Sierra sports) It a very tight tree lined venue  that really  doesn't have a lot going for it strategically (IMO) The PGA  removed over 300 hundred trees just to make it playable enough for the PGA tourney. I think the selection was totally political. There are better courses in the NW. (just MHO)

Agreed, Sahalee is a very good course, but not all that special.  They were going to remove the trees anyway because of the shading of the greens.  Lots of old courses here in the NW have to do that.  Fircrest in Tacoma took out 400 this year I heard.  Salalee lost the 2010 PGA after it was awarded, but got the Senior Open then. 

Of course my favorite is the one Golf.com picked as the 46th best in America and best in Washington State.  Don't believe Salahee made the list.

I have played at Pine Valley and it's the toughest course I ever played, beautiful though.

• onestonemanone
    45 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:27 AM
    i can't believe no 1 mentioned SAWGRASS
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:50 AM

its not as good as my florida course pick: seminole

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:18 PM

I never heard of seminole but I know I've heard of Sawgrass and played it on some other games.I'd like to see it come to the WGT next.Just a thought.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 4:42 PM

never heard of seminole!!!!!!!!!????????? This may be because it is an ultra exclusive private course. But ask anyone who has played both which one they prefer and they will tell you seminole is better. It is Donald Ross's best course, and is rated 10th in america by golf digest. sawgrass is rated 45th.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 4:59 PM

Seminole, along with the likes of Pine Valley, The Los Angeles C.C. and so on, are courses that will never be seen here. There are more than a few private scenes where even POTUS is unwelcome and forbidden to play.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:49 PM

All the courses mentioned are really great. The Two courses that I would like to see on here ,not that they are the best though are Brookline and Valhalla. Brookline because it is the only top flight golf course I ever had the privilidge to play and Valhalla because it's here in Kentucky. 

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:56 PM

oppy:
    never heard of seminole!!!!!!!!!?????????

I just said that because you said your choice was better than his choice.Your choice can't be better to him or he would of said seminole now wouldn't he.I still like Sawgrass better, you know for my choice, if thats alright.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:45 PM

GITrDONE:

oppy:

I just said that because you said your choice was better than his choice.Your choice can't be better to him or he would of said seminole now wouldn't he.I still like Sawgrass better, you know for my choice, if thats alright.

Ha-ha-ha! I love it...can't stop laughing...ha-ha-ha-ha...nice work Larry!

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:46 PM

GITrDONE:

oppy:

whether or not my choice is a better/worse one to him or you is inconsequential. The point is that seminole is a better course than tpc sawgrass and there is really no arguing this. just because sawgrass holds a big tournament doesnt mean you can call it better. pine valley, cypress point, royal county down, and national golf links, among others, have never held big tournaments. these courses are all better than sawgrass.

RSS