Forums

Help › Forums

Which top 10 course would you most like to see on WGT?

Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:14 PM (45 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 8:20 PM

In reality, any top 10 that excluded Oakmount would be in error. And any top ten that included Torrey Pines would be likewise. It's a fact of life. 

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 8:23 PM

SweetiePie:

In reality, any top 10 that excluded Oakmount would be in error. And any top ten that included Torrey Pines would be likewise. It's a fact of life. 

yes, agreed

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 9:26 PM
    I think Royal Cobar should be included...
  • igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 9:28 PM
    Wannaring Golf Club, not a blade of grass on the course.... no need for mowers...
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:02 PM

but  which out of  this list of  top 10 would ya want  which is the original jest of this post.

I'm  torn between Cypress, Pebble, and Augusta.

Might have to give Augusta the nod  just because of the varied play required, and the fact that I love putting in the game the most.

Cypress  second...its truely a special place with a lot of really  strong holes.

Pebble? It  is what it is...Gary Player liked Cypress point...Jack liked Pebble Beach.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:09 PM

i would have to say Pine Valley, just because it is considered by nearly all who have played the top courses as the best in the world, after that I would like to see Shinnecock, to get some variety on the game

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:22 PM
    Danohi... Of those 3 you picked seems like you'd want to go with Pebble Beach. Let's say after you'd played the virtual course maybe 100 times an old friend (not Bill Gates) phoned you up and invited you to play there and stay at the lodge (and spa) on his dollar wouldn't you want it to be Pebble? "Cause you (nor I) have any friends who can get us on the incredibly exclusive Cypress or Augusta. When I play a course at WGT I want to at least imagine I can play there some day. Even if the greens fee is $500 and the caddy in another $100.
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:30 PM

Not much of an Oakmont fan.  I would like to see Pinehurst # 2 in that group and Winged Foot (west) as well.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:39 PM

TarheelsRule:

Not much of an Oakmont fan.  I would like to see Pinehurst # 2 in that group and Winged Foot (west) as well.

Not much of an Oakmont fan??? I just posted the top 10 in the world as made by golf.com, they are not my choices. I have played Winged Foot West, and it too would be a great addition to this game, I LOVE that course, but sadly i know it will probably never be on WGT

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:43 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Danohi... Of those 3 you picked seems like you'd want to go with Pebble Beach. Let's say after you'd played the virtual course maybe 100 times an old friend (not Bill Gates) phoned you up and invited you to play there and stay at the lodge (and spa) on his dollar wouldn't you want it to be Pebble? "Cause you (nor I) have any friends who can get us on the incredibly exclusive Cypress or Augusta. When I play a course at WGT I want to at least imagine I can play there some day. Even if the greens fee is $500 and the caddy in another $100.

That is an interesting way to look at it. I kind of think that you would want the super exclusive clubs to be on the course because it would be the closest you ever get to playing them. I hope to play Augusta and Pine Valley one day

RSS