Forums

Help › Forums

Losing abilities?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 7 2023 12:15 PM (5 replies)
  • Kittyball0
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2020 10:04 AM

Has anyone else found that on some games they lose the abilities they got with sponsorship?  I have a swing edge cap attribute but which gives me extra distance on my driver.  However sometimes in room games I lose all the extra distance and it shows only the basic distance the driver will travel. Any ideas?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 9:25 AM

• Kittyball0
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 10:12 AM

Ah, I’m glad it’s not only me. Very frustrating. I just  had to bail out on that hole where you can drive the green over a water creek to an elevated green.  As we say in France c’est la vie!

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 10:19 AM

It is not that your club(s) is losing distance. The glitch is your displayed yardage. It randomly changes. If your boosted driver hits 300 yds and you are in a room and your club inventory shows that your driver goes 289 yds, it is only the displayed number. Your driver will attain the 300 yds; no need to adjust for the change in displayed yardage. If you pay close attention you will also see that the displayed yardage fluctuates from match to match. Just remember or write down someplace what your clubs rated distances are and keep that handy for when this glitch occurs. BTW you can correct it if you close the app and restart, but it will come back again in future matches.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2020 5:12 PM

I am not sure what causes or initiates this type of bug, but if I recall correctly - despite showing the wrong distances - the apparel bonuses are still in effect.  The problem is that it is on you to remember how the club plays or what your apparel yardages are if you adjust your irons as well.  Driver tends to be easier to keep track of.  The bigger issue - it creates doubt or confusion on your part which can alter your decision - which can also effect how a shot comes off.

That said, you will also see a fair amount of variance and deviance with shots but I believe that is normal for coin games and the game in general.  

• Scotttie1
    100 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 12:15 PM

I have the opposite problem. When in Matchplay with App Bonus on my club distances are 10% to 15% less. The distances showing on the clubs include App Bonus but when I hit the ball it's like App Bonus is turned off. Very frustrating and can't work out proper distance to flag.

RSS