Forums

Help › Forums

USGA Virtual Open Championship *LIVE* Sat 6/27

Mon, Jun 29 2020 1:04 PM (41 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 11:49 AM

andwhy67:
    I play on an ipad Pro, there are accessories now on the market that would allow one to connect via usb to their pc etc, considering an ipad doesn’t have a usb port as standard, so me also not tech savvy would say that this is possible.

You don’t need any special accessory, the charging cable that comes with your IPad is a USB cable. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 12:42 PM

MarchieB:

andwhy67:
    I play on an ipad Pro, there are accessories now on the market that would allow one to connect via usb to their pc etc, considering an ipad doesn’t have a usb port as standard, so me also not tech savvy would say that this is possible.

You don’t need any special accessory, the charging cable that comes with your IPad is a USB cable. 

doh, of course it is.

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 12:55 PM

CEverett12:
    Great event and fun to watch . However it seems they bend the rules for some guy who show up late ,

I wouldn't be surprised if that was because the PCEA and the flash version gave different dates for playing your rounds. It caught me out as I mentioned in another thread.

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 5:05 PM

CEverett12:
    Great event and fun to watch . However it seems they bend the rules for some guy who show up late , Obviously an attempt to showboat . Hey if you cant make it on time then you should be disqualified . This is not the first time he has done this . Clearly a move for attention .

Are you talking about me? They assign you a tee time, you don't get to pick (I've had the last tee time the past 3 events). I was on and ready at my assigned time, but they were running behind.

They send you a message when they want you to get on the tee, then you sit on the tee for about 5-20 minutes waiting for them to tell you to tee off. Not one player has been late or missed their tee times in the live event series, sounds like you're uninformed about how the process works mate.

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 10:53 PM

MarchieB:

On a side note relative to this, it was suggested yesterday in the live Chat that there were one or two entrants that were actually playing on the Mobile version by connecting their "tablet" devices via a USB to their laptop and streaming the display that way. I have no idea if this is possible or even true???

Does anyone have more info or knowledge about this?

Yes, played on an iPad as I always do/have.
    Utterly hopeless with anything tech, but have an old Mac that gets used solely as a glorified word processor for work....so clever folk at Superleague (who ran live event) got it set up. 
    Basically wired up iPad to Mac and forced iPad to stream thru it via OBS/twitch. Few Initial teething probs but worked like a charm it seems. 

Wouldn’t have a clue how to do it again/myself (tech guy had to take over Mac screen remotely to set all up) but sincerely hope this continues to be possible for mobile players in these events going forward - WGT markets itself all over as being truly multi-platform, bit silly if mobile players (who make up a v large proportion of its player base as most seem to agree) can enter these things, possibly qualify, and then be told they can’t play in the finals themselves on the only format they know! Should they have the additional PC/lappy to even do so.....

So, kudos to WGT and Superleague for keeping things accessible to all, and for running such a professional and enjoyable event. 

Congrats again to Jason too, bossed it 👍

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 3:34 AM

golden boy gets the breaks

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 5:17 AM

Young46:
    (I've had the last tee time the past 3 events).

Hmmmm  What's up with that ?

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 6:28 AM
    billycash74:

golden boy gets the breaks

He had tough winds and putted like a wizard. Played a round , worthy of the crown and Title. Congratulations Young46:) You have dedicated much time in your life to this game. Enjoy the payback !!
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 6:33 AM
    Kenher01:

Hi Dotty, Think it was Craig (Wofo) that got Poldi's spot as Poldi couldn't Stream i heard (Frenchconnect not playing)

AgentBrown123 - USA

fmagnets - UK

Naturali - USA

Wofo23  -  USA

SimonTheBeetle - Canada

stallion860 - Canada

Stuman66 - USA

Tgkomv - UK

TheSpark4 - UK

Young46 - USA

Poldi hadn,t played the new version as he wasnt able to download it. After finding out the finals were on new version he manged to then download it but had only 1 day to learn new version. Obviously no point!! Nothing to do with streaming Ken:) He pulled out because the finals were on new version. 4 rounds on flash then the finals are played on new version . Thats not right !! His first try he said he only just managed to break 70 . Thats why he pulled out :)
  • Stuman66
    244 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 8:45 AM

TheSpark4:

Yes, played on an iPad as I always do/have. 
    Utterly hopeless with anything tech, but have an old Mac that gets used solely as a glorified word processor for work....so clever folk at Superleague (who ran live event) got it set up. 
    Basically wired up iPad to Mac and forced iPad to stream thru it via OBS/twitch. Few Initial teething probs but worked like a charm it seems. 

Wouldn’t have a clue how to do it again/myself (tech guy had to take over Mac screen remotely to set all up) but sincerely hope this is possible for mobile players in these events going forward - WGT markets itself all over as being truly multi-platform, bit silly if mobile players (who make up a v large proportion of its player base as most seem to agree) can enter these things, possibly qualify, and then be told they can’t play in the finals themselves on the only format they know! Should they have the additional PC/lappy to even do so.....

So, kudos to WGT and Superleague for keeping things accessible to all, and for running such a professional and enjoyable event. 

Congrats again to Jason too, bossed it 👍

Interesting. I played all my qualifying rounds on the mobile app on my chromebook and would definitely have preferred to play that way instead of on my pc. It worked out okay I guess, there were only two shots that I missed badly and I can't blame it on anything other than myself. 

It was all fun in the end and I was fairly happy with my performance in my first live event.

Yes, hopefully there will continue to be more integration between the platforms.

RSS