• sue333318
    631 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 12:52 PM

Nothing wrong with the Guernsey flag!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 3:29 PM

All sorted behind scenes.

Accidents happen and Jess accepted it which is typical of her really.

Byeeeeeeeee 

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 6:46 PM

Cheers Ken

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2020 9:06 PM

Nevermind.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 4:41 AM
    Great event and fun to watch . However it seems they bend the rules for some guy who show up late , Obviously an attempt to showboat . Hey if you cant make it on time then you should be disqualified . This is not the first time he has done this . Clearly a move for attention .
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 4:51 AM

also some qualified playing the flash version, i thought it was all to be the new EA version??

CEverett12:
    Great event and fun to watch . However it seems they bend the rules for some guy who show up late , Obviously an attempt to showboat . Hey if you cant make it on time then you should be disqualified . This is not the first time he has done this . Clearly a move for attention .

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 5:25 AM
    andwhy67:

also some qualified playing the flash version, i thought it was all to be the new EA version??

CEverett12:

You can qualify on any version, though I think it should been made clearer that the final was gonna be played on NV.. this came as a surprise to a couple of players..
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 6:59 AM

Connorjwebb123:
    You can qualify on any version, though I think it should been made clearer that the final was gonna be played on NV.. this came as a surprise to a couple of players..

I'm sure if you look at the official Rules specific to this event, it will state that the Live Final Event must be played on the PCEA version of game. It has been quite a while that this has been the case for all Live WGT Events.

EDIT/CORRECTION: I just perused the Official "USGA Virtual Open Championship" Rules and it does NOT mention any where anything about the version of WGT golf that must be used during the Live Event or the entire competition for that matter.

On a side note relative to this, it was suggested yesterday in the live Chat that there were one or two entrants that were actually playing on the Mobile version by connecting their "tablet" devices via a USB to their laptop and streaming the display that way. I have no idea if this is possible or even true???

Does anyone have more info or knowledge about this?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 7:18 AM

Not much other than Sparks was helped enormously by WGT IT team with his full set up as he was really worried because he ain't IT savvy. ....know how he feels :-)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 8:04 AM

MarchieB:
    On a side note relative to this, it was suggested yesterday in the live Chat that there were one or two entrants that were actually playing on the Mobile version by connecting their "tablet" devices via a USB to their laptop and streaming the display that way. I have no idea if this is possible or even true???

I play on an ipad Pro, there are accessories now on the market that would allow one to connect via usb to their pc etc, considering an ipad doesn’t have a usb port as standard, so me also not tech savvy would say that this is possible.

RSS