Forums

Help › Forums

CC Max Putter

Mon, Jun 15 2020 5:46 AM (20 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 2:53 AM

Get yourself some decent wedges, get your AD to pin down from 21ft, and there’s probably not a lot wrong with the putter you’ve already got.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 6:10 AM

andwhy67:

Get yourself some decent wedges, get your AD to pin down from 21ft, and there’s probably not a lot wrong with the putter you’ve already got.

+1

Good wedges are much more important than a good putter. To me, it's ironic that players place so much emphasis on upgrading their putter. It should be the last piece of equipment they should be thinking about upgrading. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 7:36 AM

Robert1893:
    Anyway, my understanding has always been it could only be obtained through the club wining the clash. But I could be wrong. Isn't the first time; won't be the last.

I think it has been bought, I can't remember who, but I'm pretty sure he was disappointed with its performance. 

In fact it was Poldimaier

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 7:43 AM

DodgyPutter:

I think it has been bought, I can't remember who, but I'm pretty sure he was disappointed with its performance. 

In fact it was Poldimaier

Thanks! I appreciate you letting me know.

I stand corrected. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 9:02 AM

Agree 100% on the average to pin. Hitting it close > gilded turd on a stick.

Get 3 decent wedges, drop the hybrid and you should see your scores drop. Sadly a set of wedges is becoming rather expensive these days, I remember the days of Z Satin wedges, 250 credits each and they played brilliantly.

I'd advise getting a 64 degree and spacing the other 2 as evenly as you can between that and the PW in your iron set.

• Tectop
    64 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 2:51 PM

Got any recommendations for a good set of wedges ?

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 6:41 PM
    Tectop:

At the level you’re at id recommend the 3 Max spins.
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 6:52 PM

Tectop:

Until you get to about Level 78, I think the best wedges are the Titleist Vokey wedges around Level 30. But they're pricey. When they were branded as Clevelands, I had them. They served me very well until I got the set I currently have.

If you want to save some credits, the Max wedges that Connorjwebb123 mentions above are also a very good choice. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 10:03 PM

MainzMan:

I remember the days of Z Satin wedges, 250 credits each and they played brilliantly.

I had all of them once, dam they were good.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2020 12:55 AM

Robert1893:
    (5) It actually can't be bought or gifted. It's awarded to the CC that wins the clash for them to give to one of their members. 
    It can, though !

I know of one player who actually bought it on a whim, a second one commented in the shop that he had done so.

One shows another putter now, the other still sports the CC Max, but he has retired from the game, obviously.

IIRC, Mag got one from WGT for a review, and I remember him saying that there are better putters around.

That said, it looks like a big carrot for the Clashes to me, a Golden Calf as a pinnacle of the whole dreaded "a lot of money for nothing" CC XP thing.

RSS