Forums

Help › Forums

So, does anyone have the Gold MAX putter yet?

Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:18 PM (43 replies)
  • poldimaier
    2,346 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 10:32 AM

LOL........nice conversation ,-)

Yes, I bought it.

I´m not interested in any vouchers or gift cards......the credits are gone but it doesn´t bother me as it is or was no real money.

The Putter:

I´m still not 100% accustomed to the putter, particularly because the meter scale is different to my old Nike.......it has the 10-15-30-60-100 scale, while my Nike had the 10-20-50-100 scale.

The putter reacts hypersensitive to the appointed lenght and it seems, that the putts go a lil further than with the NIke.

The forgiveness is higher - without any question - especially putts around 3-9ft hold the line much more, when not dinged, than with the Nike.

What is noticeable, the putts roll very smooth.

..........to be honest I expected some "miracles" from the putter.........maybe there are no lip-outs anymore, just lip-ins........or some long super putts.....but that didn´t take place.

The putter isn´t worth the money and i wouldn´t buy it again.........guess it´s more an incentive to make the clashes more ineresting.

Anyhow, I will keep it in my bag........hoping that it will show it´s hidden advantages, when I´m 100% used to it........in the moment my scores are rather higher than lower.

• DECDEV
    749 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 1:29 PM

Well nice to get feedback about  it very good of you im sure it will serve you well with plenty more majors.

Regards DECDEV

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 3:22 PM

poldimaier:

Yes, I bought it........after coming home from a boozy party, I woke up with a golden Putter..........well, I could have woken up beside something worse.

Mein Glückwunsch zu Deinem Kauf!

Please excuse my very particular interest, not concerning you but the winner(s):

Does it have a sell-back option?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 3:51 PM

Looks like there's a driver and some irons coming soon too by the looks of the pro shop.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 5:16 PM

Hope they don't  sell for exemple a driver 300 yards long 

Imagine the top tour legend players  (i think only of the top) are already better than the rest, if they can buy this driver 300 yards,   they will be umplayable, unreachable.

And even for  the not so good players than them  if they have this driver they will use one club less   on second shot  (or sometime wedges) than  players without this driver and this make a lot of difference.

In that case i think i will never play ready go  anymore

Hope just if they sell this kind of  driver  the maximum distance will be 290 not much

Just my opinion

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 5:44 PM

A sad day indeed 

Now I know the game is going downhill faster than Usain Bolt on a skateboard.

:-( 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 5:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback on the putter.

I hope that WGT consider not bringing more of this out this way after the debacle, but...................

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 8:30 PM

Doesn't really bother me that players of poldi's caliber get these "super clubs".. It's not gonna make them that much better than they are now. It would, however, improve a lesser to moderate player's game (especially a longer driver) to a point where it wouldn't be fair.. IMO, of course.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 8:38 PM

I just thought of it !

what if they bring out a driver with same stats ??

distance 9

forgiveness 8

meter speed 4.5

wow that would go ?? 330 in no winds ?? 410 with tail wind ?

and the no matter how late/early you are , middle it is !

Well anyone want a kidney ???

I don't need two !!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 8:44 PM

DAZZA501:

Looks like there's a driver and some irons coming soon too by the looks of the pro shop.

The irons will be great 9 or 8 of everything and !!  And  9 spin !!!

god help them that use that !

full top spin up hill and roll back 10 yards

RSS