Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH #121

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 23 2020 1:23 PM (32 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 8:50 PM

Hoping for caduceus tee markers . . . . .associated (mistakenly) with healing, esp. in the U.S.

"The caduceus is the traditional symbol of Hermes and features two snakes winding around an often winged staff. It is often mistakenly used as a symbol of medicine instead of the Rod of Asclepius."

The staff of Hermes is way cooler-looking (imho) than the Rod of Asclepius, but I'd take either one!  

(Look 'em up!)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 2:07 AM

Our first clash was Pebble,  high end of moderate winds,  11.0 speed greens

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 2:20 AM

AlaskanDame:

Hoping for caduceus tee markers . . . . .associated (mistakenly) with healing, esp. in the U.S.

"The caduceus is the traditional symbol of Hermes and features two snakes winding around an often winged staff. It is often mistakenly used as a symbol of medicine instead of the Rod of Asclepius."

The staff of Hermes is way cooler-looking (imho) than the Rod of Asclepius, but I'd take either one!  

(Look 'em up!)

In todays civilian society, the caduceus,  is mainly used for medical staff, in a controlled facility.  Mostly by doctors and nurses, adopted because it was associated with wisdom.  

The star of life, which contains the Rod of Asciepius,  is used by field medical professionals.  Theirs being an uncontrolled enviornment, to include your first responders and emts. 

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 2:33 AM

We have best of par 5, anyone else care to share?

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 4:07 AM
    Interesting, LuckyStar.

We are also on Pebble. I see Blood and Fire playing Pinehurst. Not sure what else besides the Par 5's though.
  • craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 5:40 AM

Had an interesting round on pinehurst .

hole in one .

hit the flagstick .

double bogey .

sank a 20 footer .

missed a 3 footer .

all this for a 35 .

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 7:15 AM

We started on PH followed by BOP5 B9.

As to Craig's tale, I've been there.  Nothing like an HIO on an otherwise crappy round.  At least in clashes, an eagle = 2 birdies, so it is more than 1 stroke.

Tom.

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 11:56 AM

I have a question for anyone who can help me.  I am wondering if WGT players who are not associated with a CC and therefore cannot Clash still get their pass renewed every 4 hours instead of the regular 12 hour period.  Or is this perk only for people in Clubs who are participating in the Clash?

Thanks,

Tim

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 12:57 PM

craigswan:

Had an interesting round on pinehurst .

hole in one .

hit the flagstick .

double bogey .

sank a 20 footer .

missed a 3 footer .

all this for a 35 .

Crazy.  Sounds like one of my rounds, minus the HIO.

Congrats on the HIO!  Always fun to do that in a Clash (or so I imagine).

• JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 2:10 PM

Another DUPLICATE Tee Marker Whooo Hoooo!!!!

RSS