Forums

Help › Forums

Club Recruitment - The Penalty Box

Fri, Feb 24 2023 11:47 AM (23 replies)
  • Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 4:36 PM

Hi All!

Just a "little" recruitment post for anyone looking for a new home, or currently unattached!

The Penalty Box (home of the self proclaimed "Savages"!) has been around for 2 Years and is a mainly Clash focused Country Club... winning the last handful of Clashes. However, much more goes on than just that with a fantastic group of admins quietly managing internal tournaments (free, sponsored and credit versions), brackets, leagues, betterball, player support, inter club matches and much more. We have 220 members and all is well, but why not fill the remaining spots and bring some fresh faces and energy to the club!?

Me and a small group of friends joined 6 months ago and it has been nothing but a pleasure with some superb players to learn from but most of all just a very funny, calm and drama free group that is as much about each other as it is WGT. That is until Thursdays every two weeks when everyone puts on their Clash hat and goes a bit crazy!

What is a "Savage"? Well the only requirements bar being a nice dude or lady is to play 10 (9 hole) Clash rounds each fortnight (of course the Admins are very relaxed about this when things in real life come up!) Many of us choose to do more than this of course, assistance with pass and other things is often available but its also expected players try to do as much as they can themselves to earn credits to participate. Other than that only downloading Discord is required, just to keep up with news.... some use it very little, some a lot. No pressure.

Apologies if that dragged on a little. Please FR and/or DM me and ill respond with a WGT DM if any questions or interested... Commenting will be turned off to avoid any unnecessary discussions!

All the best! ✌️

• Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 9:06 AM

bump

• Geologeoff
    32 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 10:51 AM

I’ve been a member of The Penalty Box since April 19 and I have to admit, I didn’t think that a golf game could be such a blast. If it wasn’t for the involvement that is encouraged I may have walked away from the game. Some of the players I’ve come across I can honestly count as friends that I’d be more than happy to know in the real world, whether they’d be just as happy remains to be seen hahaha

• avenger97
    1,010 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 11:51 AM

Absolutely the most fun I ever had in a CC. 

D429045-F-65-EB-4860-B6-E1-6-B916039-CD88

• ECC370
    108 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 6:29 PM

Couldn't have said it any better!

I've been a member for just over a year now.

Joining this club was a GAME CHANGER.

Amid all the fun, our team has helped my game improve to the point where I can compete with the best of the best!

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 10:21 AM

Lol I mis read the postings , I thought it said CLUB RETIREMENT!!! Was hoping to pick up some New Members ! Lol never mind!

• gordonburry
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 1:41 PM

I am member of Monkey Hangers. Joined didn't know what i was doing. The owner is not active i have over 50 consec days almost 100000 xp. If i join your group will i have to start again from the beginning an lose all my purchased clubs

Let me know

Profile gordonburry

• Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 11:03 PM

sending you a Friend request bud, can have a chat. 

• avenger97
    1,010 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:10 AM
    Got some new members to help us to a impressive clash victory this week. The team spirit was super high. Can’t say enough about the Savages in this CC. You don’t have to be a legend or champion to be a member. Just bring a passion for the game.
  • Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 4:40 PM
RSS