Forums

Help › Forums

Early Access Update 2/13

Fri, Feb 21 2020 3:55 PM (40 replies)
  • DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 12:15 PM

This game will never play exactly like the original pc version, never!, Its just gonna have the same choices of game play that the original version offers, and a few extras. People get upset because they can't jump straight in the new version and shoot low 50 rounds. There is gonna be a learning curve like it or not. When I first tried the new version I said that I would probably leave when the flash version is no longer available but I have grown quite fond of the new version and only play it exclusively now because this is where the game is headed. Why wait till the last minute to learn the new game. Some people might leave but I would bet that most  that do leave will end up back playing eventually.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 12:56 PM

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 4:21 PM

DavStan:
    This game will never play exactly like the original pc version, never!,

If that be the case then I won't waste my time playing a different game to the one I like, simple as that.

DavStan:
    There is gonna be a learning curve like it or not. When I first tried the new version I said that I would probably leave when the flash version is no longer available but I have grown quite fond of the new version and only play it exclusively now because this is where the game is headed.

DavStan:
    Why wait till the last minute to learn the new game.

You'd make a great PR rep for some nefarious regime. Why talk about a virus's real statistics and causes when a hospital was built in ten days?

DavStan:
    Some people might leave

Yes, some will definitely leave, no doubt about it, but those that do won't hurt Topgolf's revenues, so why should they care?

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 8:16 PM
    The putting still needs improving. The aimer on green is still like a highway sign. Very off putting for me. Meter has improved, seems more stable. However it will take time to lose its synthetic feel against the pureness of flash. Also why do the dots stop moving when the aimer is touched? You can turn this feature on and off i the PC version?
  • paulypaul3
    193 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 7:58 AM

Hey my friend maybe you can answer this question we have have dealing with since the last update.  Im a veteran of the game .. When the early release came out me and my teammates at the vault where able to play 4 somes.. with a pc player inviting 3 of us mobile players.. we really loved it... now since the last update it don't work no more.. we have tried and tried.. email after email... please help .. thank you

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 7:58 AM

PRIESTESS:
    The aimer on green is still like a highway sign.

l also mentioned this in previous posts, if wgt cannot, will not, make it smaller can we please have the option to turn it of once we have seen the Downhiil/uphill  Reading after all thats all its there for to give the Green info  once we know that we dont need to have it Blocking the putter Dots, its not much of an ask, its my main gripe about the new version,

The HD GAME plays similar to Flash from T /off to the green  once on the green thats where the problems begin.

\-/

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 4:27 PM

Some useful observations of the sad state of the PCEA/Mobile game:

Avatar is too big, and shiny. It looks like a sex doll.

Dots on putting surface are not clear enough. They need to be bigger.

Aiming marker on putting surface is too big which obscures the line. It needs to be smaller.

Wind direction indicator is too small, and needs placing on the top right of screen.

Reverse view on all shots should be automatic when reverse view is clicked.

All camera views from the Flash game need to be programmed into the PCEA/Mobile game.

Apart from the meter speed which I've already mentioned (my best option here is to use the TM lvl48 3.0 speed meter ball instead of the TM lvl61s) the meter needs to be more sensitive to mouse movement (currently one needs a mouse pad the size of a tee box).

In general the appearance of the game is reminiscent of Donkey Kong.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 5:51 PM

Miantiao:

Some useful observations of the sad state of the PCEA/Mobile game:

Avatar is too big, and shiny. It looks like a sex doll.

Dots on putting surface are not clear enough. They need to be bigger.

Aiming marker on putting surface is too big which obscures the line. It needs to be smaller.

Wind direction indicator is too small, and needs placing on the top right of screen.

Reverse view on all shots should be automatic when reverse view is clicked.

All camera views from the Flash game need to be programmed into the PCEA/Mobile game.

Apart from the meter speed which I've already mentioned (my best option here is to use the TM lvl48 3.0 speed meter ball instead of the TM lvl61s) the meter needs to be more sensitive to mouse movement (currently one needs a mouse pad the size of a tee box).

You can add the multitude of clicks before you take a shot. Click to bring up clubs, click for pitch, click to close pitch . I get all clicked out after 1 game

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 6:30 PM

Miantiao:

lol..nice one. Game just suffers from some bad resizing of images when playing in 16:9

In 4:3 you have more skies above when on greens, so donkey Kong is not that robust :)

Nik

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 6:37 PM

JDGHOST:

2. General Question.... I have been trying to play the "New" PC version and for the life of me can't get the swing meter down pat!!...Drives me nuts I "click" early 95% of the time just cant get my eyes adjusted to  "Length" of the meter??  Is it just me or does the swing meter seem soooo much longer then the flash version? Wish I could either shorten it or move it more left on the bottom of the screen lol....

JD

I know this is gonna sound crazy, but it was one of my go-to tricks when i was consistently clicking early or late on the flash game. Try rotating your monitor a hair to the right if you are early of a hair left if you are late consistently. I found that just a touch of movement would change my perspective of the meter bar and really help my timing for the shots. I am not saying it will fix it all but it did seem to allow some improvement when my game was really on the skids at times.

W

RSS