Forums

Help › Forums

Early Access Update 2/13

Fri, Feb 21 2020 3:55 PM (40 replies)
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 1:21 PM

JDGHOST:
    Is it just me or does the swing meter seem soooo much longer then the flash version? Wish I could either shorten it or move it more left on the bottom of the screen lol....

I have the same gripe, always a mile early.

Its not the length of the meter, its the speed. The speed of the meter does not increase as it approaches the hit zone and then further increase in speed as it nears the ding like it does with the flash supported game.

I won't play the PCEA version because of this.

If the PCEA game does not emulate the flash supported game then I'll no longer play.

Mike

• JDGHOST
    6,777 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 3:53 PM

Miantiao:
    Its not the length of the meter, its the speed. The speed of the meter does not increase as it approaches the hit zone and then further increase in speed as it nears the ding like it does with the flash supported game.

I went on the PCEA  version to see and just swung over and over letting it run thru....And your point is valid...

JD

• BigJack9980
    28 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 4:05 PM

Champion,

Before the update yesterday our club Vault2 and about 100 assorted players have been holding 4 player stroke play games and it has worked flawlessly. However after the update it no longer works on Mac or Windows. We have played 20-30 different games all.courses and diff conditions but now we get this message about cross platform play unsupported. Never once did we get this proper to this update. One of our main hosts has contacted support getting the same generic we will.look into it message all while then blaming it on the people a devices we are inviting.

These are the same people who we have played with the past two weeks. So this is obviously an issue with the app not the devices. Would be nice when we email.support about an actual software issue we don't get blown off which happens daily. Getting very old. WHY has ruined Turf Wars and Clashes with the video limits now a brand new feature that might keep.most of us from.quitting completely doesn't work but oh it's our fault 

Come on!!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 4:13 PM

BigJack9980:
    Before the update yesterday our club Vault2 and about 100 assorted players have been holding 4 player stroke play games and it has worked flawlessly. However after the update it no longer works on Mac or Windows. We have played 20-30 different games all.courses and diff conditions but now we get this message about cross platform play unsupported. Never once did we get this proper to this update. One of our main hosts has contacted support getting the same generic we will.look into it message all while then blaming it on the people a devices we are inviting.

I got that the other day trying to setup a match play game from my laptop to PCEA. I just played a game within 30 minutes ago and it worked fine.

This was match play.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 4:17 PM

JDGHOST:

This is definitely a great step......I have 2 questions tho 1. Any news on the skins format? (for Champ)....

2. General Question.... I have been trying to play the "New" PC version and for the life of me can't get the swing meter down pat!!...Drives me nuts I "click" early 95% of the time just cant get my eyes adjusted to  "Length" of the meter??  Is it just me or does the swing meter seem soooo much longer then the flash version? Wish I could either shorten it or move it more left on the bottom of the screen lol....

JD

This might sound crazy, but I wait 1 second longer to ding. I have Flash timed out in my head, I have to wait that one second and I ding

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 6:47 PM

DonCaron:
    This might sound crazy, but I wait 1 second longer to ding

Yes, it does.

DonCaron:
    I have Flash timed out in my head, I have to wait that one second and I ding

You can't possibly have the meter speed timed out in your head because the meter speed can, and does, vary between shots.

Ever notice why your meter speed is either slower or faster?

This quirk has nothing to do with the Flashplayer but is programmed into the game.

Nevertheless, a meter that speeds up through the downswing is not the same as a constant meter speed.

Btw, the Flash meter speed emulates a real golf downswing, whereas the PCEA meter speed being constant in no way reflects a real downswing

Mike

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 7:41 PM

Miantiao:

Ever notice why your meter speed is either slower or faster?

This quirk has nothing to do with the Flashplayer but is programmed into the game.

Nevertheless, a meter that speeds up through the downswing is not the same as a constant meter speed.

Btw, the Flash meter speed emulates a real golf downswing, whereas the PCEA meter speed being constant in no way reflects a real downswing

Yes, speed does vary. I adjust to it.

We all have different ways of dealing with the meter

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 3:44 AM

Miantiao:

So, by acknowledging the Flash game's meter varies in speed between shots, and that the Flash game meter speed increases through the downswing, you do realise that stating you have "Flash timed out in your head" and wait an extra second on the PCEA game and hit the ding is hardly believable?

Please, if you're going to post suggestions to improve the PCEA game then be honest, because what you are stating is absolute rubbish.

I am and thats what works for me. Its really pretty simple. If it does not work for you, you have to find another way.

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 4:32 AM

Enjoy the new PCEA app very much.

Meter is much smoother and consistent than my Flash version.

The ding line on PCEA is so small I don't try to hit it but rather hit as close to it as I need to based on the wind conditions. 

For side wind I try to hit on the side of the ding that the wind is coming from to help control the balls flight more.  The higher the wind the more distance from the ding I try for.  

For putts I use the same strategy for holding the line as for the wind on all other shot.

If putt is downhill sidewinder I try to miss the ding left or right as much as I feel it needs to keep the line depending on speed of greens.  After years of doing this your feel for putting gets more and more like real life.  Now I don't make as many as I would like but just sharing my method of approach for ding meter.

As for meter speeding up you must always be prepared for this no matter the shot.

We all have different methods and things we have tried over the years.  

I stick with what works for me and respect others choice to do the same.

Happy Hitting,

Michael 

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 4:49 AM

mrm6400:
    As for meter speeding up you must always be prepared for this no matter the shot.

You clearly have misunderstood.

The meter does not speed up or vary in speed on PCEA. Point being it does not emulate the Flash game which closely emulates a real downswing. Rather the PCEA downswing is a constant speed.

So, therefore how can one possibly 'wait a second' and 'hit the ding' on PCEA based on Flash game meter speeds that vary?

Garbage is what that is.

If the new game can't emulate the Flash game then many will leave the game, and have said so publicly on the forums or have indicated as much publicly during the last telecast in Dubai.

Not that it will concern Topgolf, because these players, and myself, play for free.

Btw, consciously reminding yourself before a shot that if you're going to miss then miss against the breeze or slope is the best advice that anyone can offer. Its the golden rule.

RSS