Help › Forums

Early Access Update 2/13

Fri, Feb 21 2020 3:55 PM (40 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 12:28 PM

Hi everyone. 

Small update today.

This fix includes a few minor bug fixes and enables cross platform multiplayer between desktop and flash. 

_CHAMPION 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 12:40 PM

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 1:28 PM

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 1:53 PM

• k5ntonsm1th
    34 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 2:02 PM

Have been trying since the cross platform was introduced and have still yet to find any players available whether by trying to join or create a game myself. Anyone else still struggling? Is it just working for inviting friends? ( cant try that option as im a miserable no friender lol ). Would deleting and re-installing early access work? Any ideas ??

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 2:07 PM

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 3:42 PM

It works perfectly.  I just keyed it up, set up a course and conditions, and then tried to invite a couple on my friend's list that showed up as in the game. I only set it up for 3 holes as I wanted to merely see if cross platform worked.  Not sure if the cross platformers knew what the heck was going on since this is brand new so they rejected my invite, I guess because it was only 3 holes and practice. Then I clicked invite anyone and got lots of tour champions doing the same but about the 4th person to show up - a legend - like myself, accepted the invite for a 9 hole ranked round. 

I asked him while the game was in progress if he was playing mobile or PCEA and he said no, he was playing the flash version.  Now you may wonder what my screen looked like while playing him.  He showed as a default mobile avatar with default apparel.

This update is a big deal.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 7:05 PM

WGTChampion:

Small update today.

...and enables cross platform multiplayer between desktop and flash. 

_CHAMPION 

SWEET!  Thanks Champ!

BTW...this is HUGE update.  Progress is great to watch unfold.

• mrm6400
    1,787 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 5:19 AM

Champion,

Thanks for sharing the great news.  Will go check it out to verify but if my eyes are seeing clearly we can now invite to anyone and it will work for stroke play and match play no matter the platform they are logged into.

Now that is what I am talking about !

Progress for sure.

Big deal for all : Especially WGT as now we can continue to share and enjoy this game we all enjoy.

Happy Hitting fellows and keep the updates coming.

Michael

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 10:05 AM

This is definitely a great step......I have 2 questions tho 1. Any news on the skins format? (for Champ)....

2. General Question.... I have been trying to play the "New" PC version and for the life of me can't get the swing meter down pat!!...Drives me nuts I "click" early 95% of the time just cant get my eyes adjusted to  "Length" of the meter??  Is it just me or does the swing meter seem soooo much longer then the flash version? Wish I could either shorten it or move it more left on the bottom of the screen lol....

JD

RSS