Forums

Help › Forums

Can the performace of ones computer affect others?

Wed, Feb 19 2020 8:27 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • woogster
    174 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 12:24 PM

Question, we have a player that plays multi player games and the other players he is playing with say that there game gets jumpy because of his computer. Is this possible?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 1:34 PM

That's a sheer malarkey. It might affect the internet connection speed, causing lag but never the performance of other computers.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 1:20 AM

It has been shown here that in Flash = on PC, the meter runs w/o internet, only influenced by the local engine.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 11:41 AM

hmmm?  Sounds odd... having said that...

I do believe there was a time when using "ball effects" by one player would impact the other players... it was so bad that it could hinder my ability to type in chat, the meter would be erratic and the such.  

I do not know if the issue was ever fully resolved, but I refused to ever use them so as to not appear to be trying to adversely impact my opponent.  Is it possible this other person is using ball effects at all?  

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 12:27 PM

Yes I believe it was Scotthope who had mentioned in the past that he would not play anyone using a ball/vapor trail, due to PC performance.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 3:58 PM

andwhy67:

Yes I believe it was Scotthope who had mentioned in the past that he would not play anyone using a ball/vapor trail, due to PC performance.

I have heard several player say the same thing with the ball effects. I have never used them, so I cant verify myself.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 11:09 PM
    Simple answer : no
  • SChoitz
    892 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 12:59 AM

woogster:
    Question, we have a player that plays multi player games and the other players he is playing with say that there game gets jumpy because of his computer. Is this possible?

Actually there is some truth to this.  I have been working with computers/systems/networks for more than 35 years and much is noticeable.

Even before the ball effects (which I do not use).. when in a multiplayer game, I would be able to tell in advance if another player was experiencing connection problems or glitching during the round.  This is the Internet after all.  When you have 4 players connecting to 1 server... then it is possible to notice minor differences in system performance due to a shared connection.  You just need to remember, you are not playing ON your computer PC.. you are only playing FROM it... and playing the game on WGT.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 1:41 PM

I would just like to add that the issue I had was with people using super vapour balls, not the regular vapour balls. They turned my meter into a stuttery nightmare.

I don't know if the issue still exists or whether I just haven't played anyone recently with said ball type. But it started quite a while ago with the Nike super vapour range.

Thank you.  ; )

⇩ EDIT : Your halo's gone a bit crooked Simon, hehe.  ; ) ⇩

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 2:05 PM

ScottHope:
    I would just like to add that the issue I had was with people using super vapour balls, not the regular vapour balls. They turned my meter into a stuttery nightmare.

Maybe that was (is) the whole point of creating and selling them!

There are two ways of winning : 1) you play better than your opponent or 2) you make him/her play worse than you. I think the product is designed for people who prefer the second option. LOL

• PAGES
RSS