Forums

Help › Forums

9/11

Mon, Sep 12 2011 4:54 PM (45 replies)
  • Toothpic
    32 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 5:47 PM

Just a short post from a humble Brit to  express my sincere condolences to all the innocents who lost their lives 10 years ago today.

And to the heroes of the NYFD and NYPD and other emergency services who gave their lives willingly in the hope that others would be saved, I salute you. 

May your sacrifices not be in vain

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 6:21 PM

Well said Tooth, I just wish the real truth would come out once and for all. This country has been through way too many lies for generations. That's all I'm going to say other than God Bless the families who are still living with this nightmare, and may the ones who lost their lives rest in peace. I will have a personal moment of silence for them tomorrow. Thank you for your kind words. 

From a U.S. Air Force Veteran

Ren

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 7:41 PM

Thanks Tooth

US Army

-G

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 8:51 PM

Thanks Tooth 

U.S. Navy

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:07 PM

I'd like to thank you 3 brave warriors  and every other veteran  past , present , and future. What you do lets us do what we do on a daily basis and it is very , very appreciated. I learned today that since 9/11/01 , we have enlisted 2.8 million men and women. I'm in awe of this fact , your courage , and our country's ability to "still" welcome and accept all nationalities with open arms to come here  and share our values regardless of who you are or where you came from. My thoughts and prayers to the victim's families.  Thank you again veterans and thank you Toothpic.               It's good to be an American.

Ace

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:29 PM

i join with you all and in silence..........tommorow,  this game will not mean v much for me ..........

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 5:39 AM

I had a booth at the FDIC Show in Indianapolis earlier this year. This show was attended by over 100,000 fireman from all over the world. When they opened the show with the corp marching through with the drums and bag pipes I had the chills and just stood at attention. These fireman come in all shapes and sizes, colors and nationalities. If you ever wondered what a hero looks like, just pick any one of them, male or female. Then you will know what a HERO looks like. I spoke with hundreds of these folks over the days of the show and they all have a special sense of what it takes to be above the rest. As we reflect today on 9/11 try to make a special effort to realize what these people do for us everyday. When I see the fireman at the intersections with their boots I always put in some money even if I have to hold up traffic to do it. Hats off to each and everyone of you and may you have a peaceful day and the alarms are silent.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 5:56 AM

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 7:25 AM

Nice opening post and I echo the sentiments 100%. I was in the air when the first plane struck the North tower? I then had to go on a second flight  a few hours after the second plane struck the South tower. That in itself was a frightening experience, god only knows how those NY firemen and women found the courage to do what they did that day.

Likewise for those in the forces today that face the daily threat from the Taliban and suicide bombers. Words cannot express the admiration and respect I have for your bravery.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:39 AM

tiffer67:

Likewise for those in the forces today that face the daily threat from the Taliban and suicide bombers. Words cannot express the admiration and respect I have for your bravery.

I feel for those who lost their lives on 9/11 and feel for those who are still ill and dying even to this day due to the after effects of the toxic dust etc. I also feel for the families who lost loved ones.

However, the Taliban, Afghanistan & Iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks and there's been way more innocent lives lost in these two countries for something that wasn't their doing either. The only reason the Taliban & Iraqi's fought back and still fight back is because we invaded their countries illegally (Fact.) and started killing their people (Fact).....Did people honestly think they'd just take invasion & all the killing without putting up a struggle?

19 of the so called hyjackers  were Saudi's.....cool...let's just point the finger at Afghanistan & Iraq and invade them instead because we don't want to be upsetting the Saudi's with the oil.

There's a lot more to 9/11 than what we saw on the TV that day and what we ever get told by the media but I believe there is a time and a place for everything....and today ain't the time.

On this day I'd like to remember all those people who's only sin was to go in to their work that morning and had their lives taken from  them as well as those who are still suffering 10 years later because of 9/11 and its knock on effects.....throughout the world.

God bless all of them.....and God bless the armed forces who are having to clean up the mess our governments go us into.

TBE

RSS