Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 12/17/19 ***

Wed, Dec 18 2019 1:36 PM (38 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:03 AM

DonCaron:

andwhy67:
    Don I am playing a bit of mobile lately, but it’s s still no good.

I average a 30 on the new app which is good for me. I still have no feel for my shots in the new game.

Puttings a killer, reading the breaks properly. I’ve made some ridiculously breaking putts and then missed some crucial 3 footers. I use a Bluetooth mouse, theoretically easier for me to get closer to the ding or miss left/right as needed.

Cant really find any reliable tips for putting on mobile, you can forget about dot counting.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:23 AM

andwhy67:

Puttings a killer, reading the breaks properly. I’ve made some ridiculously breaking putts and then missed some crucial 3 footers. I use a Bluetooth mouse, theoretically easier for me to get closer to the ding or miss left/right as needed.

Cant really find any reliable tips for putting on mobile, you can forget about dot counting.

Yes I agree, the dots are crazy sometimes.

• Miaski0
    88 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:24 AM

For me using the green view option helps a lot. I’ve used other methods with equations that helped a bit but were to time consuming and not completely accurate. I find repetition works best with a lot of feel of the game and luck. I’d say Kiawah are by the hardest greens on the mobile platform to putt on. It would be nice if the developers gave more options to view the green and the breaks. And I’m with you on counting the dots. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:31 AM

DonCaron:

andwhy67:

Yes I agree, the dots are crazy sometimes.

I've been just trying to find the line by clicking and unclicking the aim box.  The dots line up like using chip view in the flash version and then just try to see the line that way.  Then just aim a touch higher than the line I see.  Seems to work well enough...... for me and my expectations at least. YMMV  ;-)

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:33 AM

Flash Sale 20% off select Drivers "Now until 12/20"

A good time to gift a Driver to a friend , i am not seeing any discounts.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:05 AM

hpurey:

I've been just trying to find the line by clicking and unclicking the aim box.  The dots line up like using chip view in the flash version and then just try to see the line that way.  Then just aim a touch higher than the line I see.  Seems to work well enough...... for me and my expectations at least. YMMV  ;-)

I'll try it and see if it works for me. The update today gave us a slower meter and bigger Mini Map

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:31 AM

Slower swing meter would be wonderful on mobile.  I hope it really has changed.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 1:11 PM

AlaskanDame:

Slower swing meter would be wonderful on mobile.  I hope it really has changed.

There was an update for Android today. Meter does not feel slower, but its definitely smoother.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 1:36 PM

ScottHope:

borntobesting:
    At work we have an automated robotic floor scrubber, I keep in constant contact with it...
    ...and your wife is okay with this?  Hehe.  ; )

She has to be, It's my job. 

RSS