Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 111

Sat, Nov 2 2019 6:16 AM (29 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 9:22 PM
    Oly, St. A, Par 5's, Bethpage, Par 5's. A good mixture so far.

I agree about the wide fairways of St. Andrews, Tom. The doglegs of Olympic and Bethpage are tough, even with less wind (narrow fairways with trees). And with the par 5's being from many courses, the difficulty varies alot.

We've had two clubs slaughter us, we've slaughtered two clubs, and we won a very close one. Good times! LOL

GLTA
  • AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 9:22 PM
    Oly, St. A, Par 5's, Bethpage, Par 5's. A good mixture so far.

I agree about the wide fairways of St. Andrews, Tom. The doglegs of Olympic and Bethpage are tough, even with less wind (narrow fairways with trees). And with the par 5's being from many courses, the difficulty varies alot.

We've had two clubs slaughter us, we've slaughtered two clubs, and we won a very close one. Good times! LOL

GLTA

EDIT: back to Bethpage for round 6, but we face The Battle Field for the second time. That means it's bedtime for me! Mon-Yawn-a
  • Jettamax
    47 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 4:37 AM

Hello AlaskanDame this is totally off your topic but I can't find the answer to my ? anywhere my question is How the hell to you get out of the brush? fullshot, pitch, chip, flop the brush gives me nightmares lol any help would be apprecited how to or where to go to find the answer 

Thank you

Jettamax

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 6:42 AM

Updating from (my) overnight, 1 BP and rest St. Andrews; St Andrews again on the match that started at 9:30 Eastern.  BD has still only seen those 2 courses.

As to Jettamax's question, my unhelpful answer is don't go into the brush.  I am in it so rarely I haven't bothered to learn it.  When it happens, I tend to just make sure I'm on fairway and, hope I can get up & down or eat my bogey, and go from there.

That said, if I'm in wedge distance, I treat it like a shot from the rough but add a couple of yards.

Tom.

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 8:21 AM

Oly, St. A, Par 5's, Bethpage, Par 5's, Bethpage, Bethpage, and finally back to St. A's for round 8 (against No. 3 Springbok). Hoping for Par 5's again soon to get some points back. Hope you get that course, too, Tom. You've had way too much fun at St. A's, lol!

EDIT:  and St. A's again in round 9, but not against Springbok. . .. whew! Bethpage in round 10. Where did the par 5's go? (Note, I do not care where Oly went, lol!)

3 St. A's, 4 Bethpage, 2 Par 5's, and 1 Oly.

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 8:23 AM
    Jettamax:

Hello AlaskanDame this is totally off your topic but I can't find the answer to my ? anywhere my question is How the hell to you get out of the brush? fullshot, pitch, chip, flop the brush gives me nightmares lol any help would be apprecited how to or where to go to find the answer 

Thank you

Jettamax

Definitely not chip, pitch, or flop, Jettamax. Totally agree with Tom that clearing brush the shortest distance to the fairway is the way to go. Take the one lump and not make it 3. Thwack it hard with a wedge, either full or punch ---- punch if you're under trees.
  • jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 7:11 PM

Just started 11th match.  2 BP's and 1 BOP5 today, so to sum up: 3 Bethpage, 7 St. Andrew and 1 BOP5.

I am not going to complain about not seeing Olympic in high winds.  Then again, a few more BOP5 would have been nice.  So it goes.

I am not griping about the courses or even the high winds in this clash.  But I still don't understand why WGT cannot even out the mix of courses between clubs.  Just using me as an example, even in high winds, I can go 4 or 5 under on St. A or BP without a sweat, -6 on a good round.  But 7 or 8 birdies, maybe an eagle, on BOP5 is no sweat.  Different players maybe different result; but overall pattern remains.  So when we only see BOP5 one time, it's a big disadvantage on overall club score.

Tom.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 10:16 PM

middbrew:

St Andrew's in 30+ mph winds? Look on the bright side, there should be a few new personal long drive records set. 

And here ya go! 

middbrew set a long drive personal best of 423.82 yards.

• bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 1:32 AM

We only saw three courses no Bethpage 3 st Andys, 4 Olympic and   Par five , only managed ten matches due to other commitments . Now catching up on sleep !

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 6:16 AM

FAPC final tally:

3 St. A's, 5 Bethpage, 2 Par 5's, and 1 Oly.

We slaughtered 5, got slaughtered in 4 by top 10 clubs, and had 2 cliffhangers that we pulled out in the last minutes.  All opponents were level 13 or above (at least 9 were 19 or 20), and all had at least 150 members, mostly 250. (FAPC is level 19 with 148 members.)

RSS