Forums

Help › Forums

Come and be a Las Vegas Knight.

Sat, Jun 6 2020 7:31 AM (38 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 12:01 AM

The Las Vegas Knights is a small club that is looking for a few new members to swell the ranks, interact, have a laugh and be part of a club that regularly finishes in the bottom 500 of every Clash event, primarily because we don't turn up for them.

Here's our NPFAQ (Not Particularly Frequently Asked Questions):

When was the club founded? October 15th, 2010. So that's just over 9 years ago and we're still going strong.

How large are you? That's a rather personal question but taking it at face value the club is on the larger side of tiny, but the smaller side of not-very-large. There's 21 of us right now but we max out at 30 and have no plans to become larger than that.

Um....why not? Because we know who everyone in the club is and we like it that way. We don't want to be a club that has a bunch of people who never participate and who are virtual strangers. I mean, what's the point?

Do you have club competitions? Thank you for asking oh friendly virtual golfer. Why, yes we do! We really do. We have a comprehensive and themed season of tournaments that run from January 1st to December 31st. Play for yourself, play for your team, climb the rankings (hopefully) and lord it over your fellow club members. Click here and you can take a look at the results and fixtures of the current season: LVK 2019 . It may not make a lot of sense at first glance, but it's easier than learning how to fold a fitted bed sheet.

Do you offer credit prizes?  If by 'credit' you mean chest-swelling kudos, back-slapping and general congratulatory support from your fellow club members then yes, we certainly do. If by 'credit' you mean WGT's currency to be spent on balls to wallop into the fescue of St. Andrews then no, our tournaments offer approximately zero of those. All our tournaments cost the same, bargain basement rate of absolutely nothing to enter, which is uncannily identical to the amount you can win. But, you know....fun, right?

What about handicaps? I am unreasonably fond of chocolate and a good peaty single malt tempts me to the dark side, but as far as the club goes yes, we have a very balanced and comprehensive handicap system that genuinely offers every club member a chance to win tournaments and start spending all those no-credits-whatsoever that I mentioned above. In fact 81% of our current members have won at least one tournament this year.

Do you do the Clashes? I left a clue in my opening statement, but to be fair we don't have much of an official stance about them. As a club we don't take part, but as a club member you can if you want to and enjoy that kind of thing. We don't expect or even want you to buy passes for the club, or even use your free ones to help us level up. Play the Clash if you like, don't play if you don't. We'll love and support you no matter which WGT lifestyle choice you make.

So if I'm a member, what do you want from me?   We are not a needy, cultish, strict, loyalty-demanding, ambitious, drama-saturated club, we just want you to have fun. If you have fun, we have fun. The one and only thing we ask of our members is participation. Play the club competitions, or as many as you can. Play the WGT comps too of course if you like doing that, but don't play them and not the club ones. Say hi in the club forum and interact there. Be known to your fellow club members, let them appreciate your style, your wit, your skill, your lust for life. And if you can't manage lust then mild enthusiasm will do at a pinch.

So, you'll take anyone? Male, female, left-handed, right-handed, European, North/South American, Asian, African, Australasian, Antarctican...possibly even Martian, come on in! Unless you're a bit of a knob who likes to complain, gets angry, calls out other players, cheats or who thinks Yanni is the greatest musician the world has ever known, in which case we're closed. Sorry. Also, probably only Tour Master and above I'm afraid. It's not a snobbery thing, it's just a practical thing regarding the balance of the club and the tournament playing conditions. We wish you all the best though, sincerely.

Are you going to shut up soon? Imminently. All I'll add is that if you have got this far and you are still awake, congratulations! If you are interested in the club and want to know more then send me a friend request or post a message on my wall, and hopefully you'll want to come and be a Knight. That would be excellent. Give us a try, we don't bite. Much.

Cheers all.

Nigel (Wutpa).

• InspectorVol
    1,913 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 6:48 AM

Let me add as a fairly new member to the club this is a good place. I was part of the Lobster's Lair for many years and I loved that place and the people in it. It just kind of fell apart and people went off chasing other interests and that is fine. It left me adrift for a few years looking for another home. I tried several but it never really fit......this club fits if you are looking for a close knit bunch of good people who are willing to play with you and help you if needed.

We have a lot of different tourneys and truthfully I haven't got my head wrapped around all of it but I am really enjoying my time and selfishly I hope it lasts many years. This is a solid club and if any of my old lair mates read this and are looking for a home.....give us a try, I am quite sure you will like it.

• rhud2
    1,333 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 5:22 PM

I have been a member of this fantastic club for right at 4 years and what a great place to spend a few hours each week in your spare time. An excellent schedule of tournaments each month and with the handicap system in place that gives every member a chance to win. Some comps will be separated by 1 or 2 strokes for top ten. Good stuff there!! 

If you are a competitor and like to play all courses in different conditions then this club is the right place to be. In the end it's all good fun here.

It doesn't get any better than Tuxedo,Wutpa, and Bubba running this great club. They have put endless hours into it, and it shows. 

So check the website out and come give us a try, you will enjoy.

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 1:59 AM

Being a member of this great Country Club for more than 3 years now, I can just confirm everything Wutpa said in his Q+A post.  A great and entertaining place to be and all the time and work Wutpa puts into this CC really pays off.

Contact Wutpa (Nigel) or blockup46 (Lee) or me and find out .....

1963Bubba (Abe)

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 1:17 AM

Bump

• InspectorVol
    1,913 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 7:20 AM

Bump.

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 1:25 AM

1963Bubba:

Being a member of this great Country Club for more than 3 years now, I can just confirm everything Wutpa said in his Q+A post.  A great and entertaining place to be and all the time and work Wutpa puts into this CC really pays off.

Contact Wutpa (Nigel) or blockup46 (Lee) or me and find out .....

1963Bubba (Abe)

We still have got a few lockers available in the clubhouse  ....  Check the links Wutpa inserted in his post and don't hesitate to contact us if you've got more questions. 

• Doyle888
    389 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 12:31 PM

Are you A PC only club or mobile as well?

Doyle

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 12:17 PM

Hi Doyle.

Anyone in the club is welcome to play on whichever platform works best for them, but I do know that nearly all the current membership primarily plays on PC. 

That wouldn't stop you playing the club competitions of course, but unfortunately it does mean that your social and competition matches with the other members would be minimal if you are mainly on mobile.

Thank for asking that question though, and let me know if you have any others I can help with.

Nigel.

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 12:51 AM

Bumping it

RSS