Forums

Help › Forums

Come and be a Las Vegas Knight.

Sat, Jun 6 2020 7:31 AM (38 replies)
  • 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 6:44 AM

Wutpa:

There are a lot of clubs seeking to gain your valuable membership right now, so why join the Las Vegas Knights? Here's what we offer:

• ShotPal and PutterPal
    • An enjoyable and involving tournament season - there's always something to play
    • An opportunity to join a small (19 members), friendly, supportive and fun group of fellow members
    • An active club! We have achieved 100% participation in some of our recent club tournaments and generally average 85% or higher. All tournaments are free to enter.
    • Some larger clubs have a constantly fluctuating membership and you may end up never knowing half of them - not so in the Las Vegas Knights! We are a stable group of members, some of which have been in the club since it started nearly 10 years ago.
    • A great handicap system so that your good play is rewarded with victories on an even playing field.
    • Access to Discord.

What we don't offer:

• Pressure to use your passes and/or play in Clashes. You can if you wish, but as a grown adult you can make your own mind up about that.
    • Drama, arguments, insults, belittling, sexism, racism, other isms.....
    • Rule after draconian rule.
    • Cake. (Sorry.)

So if you find your current club boring with nothing to do, or you don't know who your fellow members are, then come find us by clicking the link above or leave a message below, or here, or here.

Tour Master or above at this time, and although we don't mind if you play on PC/Mac or mobile, the majority of our current membership play exclusively on PC, just so you know.

Thanks!

Nigel (Wutpa)

We'll probably never agree about this cake thing ....   :)

Abe

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 11:44 AM

There's always tournaments to play in the Las Vegas Knights, and a handicap system to make it a fair fight.

We have a weekly ranking tournament too so you can see how you stand against all the other club members.

Lots more about the club on page one of this post. If you're TM or higher then come and say hi!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 3:48 PM

"If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball." - Jack Lemmon.

Or, join the Las Vegas Knights instead! Less drama, more fun.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2020 10:13 AM

"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling." - Mark Twain.

That's a good tip from Mark there. At the Las Vegas Knights good sportsmanship is always in style. Come and see.

Nigel.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 9:20 AM

"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch." - Lee Trevino.

At the Las Vegas Knights we have a handicap system that can help overcome the unfortunate consequences of a murderous swing technique. 

Interested to know more? Say hi below!

Nigel.

P.S. Lunch not provided :(

• ac1bill
    706 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 2:35 PM

Hello Nigel,

Been reading all the interesting things about your CC. Makes an old Marine curious, and anxious to check it out! Not that there is anything wrong with the club I am at. Only one issue that has me looking. They have their little groups that play together, and it is hard to get matches set up. I do like Discord, it beats typing all the time.

Well, I have said enough, if you don't mind old people, then you can send me an invite.....

P.S. If I am not getting any lunch, then I will keep my false teeth in !!

Thanks,

Bill

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 11:20 PM

Thanks for the messages Bill, it was good to talk that way. You're in a terrific club and I hope it remains a happy home for you.

Nigel.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2020 8:33 AM

"Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic." - Anon.

No need to walk in this version of the game, and our spreadsheets and handicaps take care of the arithmetic for you and give everyone a chance of winning one of the many club tournaments we have at the Las Vegas Knights

Hanging out with a bunch of funny, warm, supportive fellow members can even help with the disappointment too!

Come and check us out.

Nigel.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 7:31 AM

"I’ve spent most of my life golfing - the rest I’ve just wasted." - Unknown.

Love this game? (And by 'love' I mean like, hate, obsess over, swear at, can't wait to get back to, dream about....and all points in between.)

At the Las Vegas Knights we understand. Come and hang out with a bunch of players who love this game in all its disguises, who are competitive but in a friendly way, who are active in the game, who enjoy playing club tournaments and who just plain get along with each other.

No drama, no hostility, no enemies. If you're experiencing anything else then you deserve better. Say hi below and let's talk.

Nigel.

RSS