Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 12:46 PM

Dex000:

WGTChampion:

You can download the game for Windows HERE

This is a link to the mobile versions, not a link to download for Windows. How is everyone getting the game?

I got it from that link on the very first post by Champion

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:09 PM

DonCaron:

I'm wondering if it's no longer available. It's only showing mobile options, IOS, Google, Amazon, or playing on the web which leads you to the flash site. I don't see any option to install on Windows or to download a .exe file. Did you see something different when you downloaded it? Maybe I missed the early access boat. 

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:34 PM
    Have to laugh LOL!!! Have a new problem showing up now, clicked to get the launcher downloaded from page 1 of this thread and this time the following message showed up -"The installationpackage couldn`t be opened. Confirm that the package exsists and that you`re able to access it, or contact the program vendor to confirm that it`s a valid package for Windows Installer". Bjorn
  • Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:34 PM
    And paragraphing is fd up too apparently. Bjorn
  • ScottHope
    10,137 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:45 PM

Dex000:
    It's only showing mobile options, IOS, Google, Amazon, or playing on the web which leads you to the flash site.
    Dex, do you play the mobile version on any device? If you do, try logging out of the mobile game, then having another go with the download link.

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 5:21 PM

From what i have noticed if you are not using a windows operating system and a windows browser it does not redirect you to the download file ... i can not download it with Linux and using Chrome but i can if i launch WINE and use windows explorer I can ... just my thought 

Nolan

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 5:32 PM

I just downloaded it again so it is still there ... I could post the direct link but I'am not sure if WGT would want that 

Nolan

• Timick1
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:11 PM

After I downloaded the new version, I was highly disappointed with it. 

1) The menu is inconvenient. The Flash version divides the game modes into stroke play, match play, alternate shot, etc. The new version combines the stoke play courses and the CTTH courses onto the same page, which makes it more challenging to find the course you want to play. I wish the different game modes would appear as a list as they did on the Flash version. It seems that there are more pages you have to go to on the new version just to start the game you want to play. 

2) The camera angle and smaller image of the hole used to be on the right, yet they have been moved over to the left, which I hate. The right side has a button that you can use to swing, which is COMPLETELY redundant! there is no need for it. I used to be able to click on the club to make a swing, but now I cannot do that. Why create a button on the right side to do something you used to be able to do by just clicking on the players feet/ club.

3) When I take a swing, my finger has to move much farther on the touchpad before the club even starts to move. Then I have to move my finger again just to get a full swing. In other words, the swing is MUCH slower and therefore less realistic. I want to swipe my finger one time quickly to get a full swing. This must be addressed!

4) When I wanted a different club on the Flash version, I just had to move my mouse over the little clubhead symbol on the mower left hand side and click a different club. Now I have to click on it to get the menu to appear and then disappear. Again, this is more inconvenient.

5) The swing meter is too big, while the score in the upper right hand side and the different club options are WAY too small. The scorecard which appears between holes is also to small.

6)On the PC version my clubs have a standard length, but on the mobile app version the clubs seem to be a few yards different. I hate this and the new version to replace Flash has the altered club lengths. I want the standard lengths from the PC Flash version.

7) the new version doesn't look as realistic for some reason. The full screen is smaller than the full screen version on Flash, which makes the course image appear stretched out. This results in a more cartoonish looking golf experience.

I hope that these issues are addressed because I have played this game for years and want to continue doing so. Please consider these constructive criticisms when updating the new version. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:16 PM

Dex000:

DonCaron:

I'm wondering if it's no longer available. It's only showing mobile options, IOS, Google, Amazon, or playing on the web which leads you to the flash site. I don't see any option to install on Windows or to download a .exe file. Did you see something different when you downloaded it? Maybe I missed the early access boat. 

I just clicked the Button and it downloaded the launcher. I don't need to save it, I already have it.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:23 PM

Dex000:

Dex this is what the launcher looks like i your downloads folder

RSS