Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 10:52 AM

Got to thinking about the purchased avatars maybe going buh-bye. 

I wonder if anyone ever purchased one of the 500,000 custom avatars. 

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:03 AM

Another question I have is:  What will happen to the Blog Posts and The Wall that each player has?  Will these be moved to the new desktop app?  Many players use these sections of their Profile as a sort of trophy case to post badges and achievements they've been awarded by their CC, Gift of Golf Foundation, etc.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:39 AM

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 1:18 PM

TopShelf2010:
    looking to address

Mmm - hmm.

Many moons ago I was told by another mod that the status lights for play availability differentiate mobile players from PC would be looked into. I was even told that it was a good idea. 

Not sure if there's a difference between looking into and addressing. 

Hi Ho

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 4:39 PM

JimbeauC:
    Many moons ago I was told by another mod that the status lights for play availability differentiate mobile players from PC would be looked into.

It is intermittent on desktop but you can sometimes see a little tablet icon for mobile players show up.  It is not … there is one now, it popped up while I was typing... I think it can be dependent on their activity level though... and I don't think you can see or discern this on the mobile device... it is only when I am signed in on the web... but … oh there is another one...

one shows being among the green available members and the other shows being among the busy users... so whether it was completely ironed out … something was done to this effect but I don't know if it is perfect.  

I don't recall if it shows the difference when you are in the active "play" menu of the game though.  

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 5:19 PM

el3n1:
    little tablet icon

No. That was there when I made the suggestion. It just means they are on. My idea was to have different colors for available and ready for a game, like orange and purple, so folk wouldn't mistakenly invite cross platform play.

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 12:31 PM

For those looking to install it on a Linux box here is what i did ... i downloaded the MSI launcher file to my wife's Windows box copied it to a USB stick and installed it on Linux using Wine those of you that know Linux probably know what it is ... I would not use Virtual-box you take to much of a performance hit with it ... once you install it a desktop icon will appear now here is the fun part starts or started for me ... you can launch it it does its updates and for some reason you can't get a play icon to appear ... so after a few hair pulls i found the wine directory its a hidden folder on you desktop or home directory ... once you find it go to /home/nolan/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Topgolf/WGTLauncher/golf.exe double click that and you are good to go ... hope this helps

Oh for you windows users i found  something interesting in a cfg file it is looking for NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2 ... I'm not sure if that is why it doesn't install for some you or not

TC Nolan

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 4:54 PM

nolan60:
    Oh for you windows users i found  something interesting in a cfg file it is looking for NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2

Thanks. Good to know. 

To check your version use regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

look for the highest number - probably V4. Highlight that to get full version info.

Mine is 4.7.03190 I don't remember exactly why but I recently had to update mine. 

I had zero installation problems.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 5:01 PM

JimbeauC:

To check your version use regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

look for the highest number - probably V4. Highlight that to get full version info.

Mine is 4.7.03190 I don't remember exactly why but I recently had to update mine. 

I had zero installation problems.

I have Net Framework 4.8 on both machines because of visual studio

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 5:11 PM

DonCaron:
    I have Net Framework 4.8

It is one that updates frequently. I think as long as it's newer than the number quoted, everyone should be good to go. 

Oo, just remembered the program that needed an update. Nifty little program that corrects image perspective. 

RSS