Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,515 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 11:29 AM

SamSpayed:

That shouldn't happen.  That means there's a problem with WGT's uninstaller.  They need to look into that and fix it.

EDIT:  I can confirm the same thing happens here when I uninstall "WGT Launcher" using Control Panel under Windows 10.  The name of the file launched when you uninstall is:  2c37965.msi.  It leaves behind the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf" folder and much of its contents.

Yep, that's exactly what I did and happened.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 2:32 PM

The talk about file locations caused me to look around some. Under Resources Folder there are a couple of files that begin "unity." Hopefully that means we'll eventually be able to access the video credits. 

Could one of the moderators clarify this?

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 2:41 PM

SamSpayed:
    That means there's a problem with WGT's uninstaller.  They need to look into that and fix it.

I just took a look at my registry. The launcher puts quite a few entries in. That could be problematic for uninstall as well.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 4:06 PM

DonCaron:
    Ignore it.

That was my (obvious) intent.  The question was, "...how to bypass..."

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 4:09 PM

JimbeauC:
    I just took a look at my registry. The launcher puts quite a few entries in. That could be problematic for uninstall as well.

Yes, they have registry entries stored in at least 3 different branches that I could see:

• Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT
    • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software/WGT (note the forward slash)
    • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\wgt

That's pretty sloppy.  I used to write software installers as a developer years ago.  Hopefully that was just a rush-to-get-it-out type of thing and they'll tighten that up going forward.

• tianney
    107 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 6:04 PM

Hi guys fixed the problem apparently it was because there was a top golf folder left in the directory after uninstall just had to uninstall manually and reinstall and works perfect.

Thanks for all the help guys your ideas pushed me the right direction.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 11:16 AM

SamSpayed:
    That's pretty sloppy.

Yeah. I considered running regclean, but well, as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and so far it works great, for me at least. 

Weird. I ran it on WIn 10, not as admin, no bells or whistles, and it installed and ran in a snap. Yet I see all these folks with problems I can't fathom. 

• MAYDALY
    137 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 2:23 PM

Mobile tablet rubbish dont want it dont need it . The pc version way more enjoyable experience . I for 1 will be looking elsewhere . I know wgtis no 1 because of pc .

All the gimmicks and apparell  is way to much turning a serious golf game into a mobile joke 

Winning putt lol

• Scottanchors
    28 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 6:04 PM

I really dont even know where to start, I'm floored at how cheesy the avatars look how we lost the ability to use the scroll wheel to change clubs, the camera views on the small map are gone and we only have 3 views to choose from now... There was a reason i did not play the WGT phone app version and if this is WGT answer to  flash player going away then I have to say I for one will no longer be playing WGT period and i have talked to other WGT members who feel the same way... I mean come on guy's I know you can do better than this or so i thought, I mean look at all the options with all the console games and other high end PC games who's Graphics look real to life, they are awesome.. I think you either need to hire some new Graphic designers and step up your game or give up WGT Golf all  together if this is how its going to look........ Thats my 2 cents for what its worth..

No trouble here installing it..

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,515 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 7:52 PM

JimbeauC:
    Weird. I ran it on WIn 10, not as admin, no bells or whistles, and it installed and ran in a snap. Yet I see all these folks with problems I can't fathom. 

Same here. I couldn't and still can't believe all the hustles many went/go through just to install the programme.

It was like... click-click-next-next-done in less than a minute for me.

RSS