Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 5:35 PM

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 6:12 PM

SamSpayed:

alreno:
    The putts on the newer version roll like in real golf on the older version they roll choppy and look more computerized than real. 

Actually, one of my main complaints with the PCEA version is that when putting, the ball looks like it's sliding on ice, not rolling.  Not realistic at all IMHO.  That's one of the things I'm hoping WGT fixes in a future release.

Try putting with one of the Callaway ERC balls on PCEA and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Unfortunately that's how greens in real life play.  More like ice - faster and smoother and they break more.  Fast greens speeds are like ice.  I always noticed in the pc version the putts were sluggish and broke less.  Things just got more difficult for you PC only players.  Tablet players have been use to the faster green speeds and more break for awhile.  You'll get use to it - because it's more like real golf.  Ever seen Augusta National greens during the Masters?  Same deal.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 6:46 PM

alreno:

SamSpayed:

alreno:
    The putts on the newer version roll like in real golf on the older version they roll choppy and look more computerized than real. 

Actually, one of my main complaints with the PCEA version is that when putting, the ball looks like it's sliding on ice, not rolling.  Not realistic at all IMHO.  That's one of the things I'm hoping WGT fixes in a future release.

Try putting with one of the Callaway ERC balls on PCEA and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Unfortunately that's how greens in real life play.  More like ice - faster and smoother and they break more.  Fast greens speeds are like ice.  I always noticed in the pc version the putts were sluggish and broke less.  Things just got more difficult for you PC only players.  Tablet players have been use to the faster green speeds and more break for awhile.  You'll get use to it - because it's more like real golf.  Ever seen Augusta National greens during the Masters?  Same deal.

Big difference with the PCEA over Flash. Flash is much easier to putt, whether 14 or 10 greens. You have 4' boxes on EA and 2' Boxes on Flash. That would mess anybody up

• bigjohndough
    69 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 7:19 PM

I'm trying to use the new system to play wgt- the first issue is it auto charged me for a country club pass, Please refund those credits and advise me how to turn that off, never had that happen on the flash version.

Secondly - I am using 2 screens - but the game only loads on my second screen- how to I pull it to my main screen,  is there a minimize feature?  Can I play a game by myself?  thanks for your help - I will also post this in the forums,  bigjohndough
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 9:44 PM

bigjohndough:
    the first issue is it auto charged me for a country club pass, Please refund those credits and advise me how to turn that off, never had that happen on the flash version.

Options | Home tab | Automatic CC Pass Use --- set it to None

Contact WGT Customer Support if you want a refund.  They won't respond here.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 12:28 AM

bigjohndough:
    Secondly - I am using 2 screens - but the game only loads on my second screen- how to I pull it to my main screen

John, if you take the game out of fullscreen, drag it to your desired monitor, then try this. It might go back to your other monitor, but it's worth trying. You'll also get a minimize button but you may not need it, as the game is maximized, not fullscreen, and so allows you to access your other applications via the task switcher (ALT + TAB).

bigjohndough:
    Can I play a game by myself?

Yes. On the game's home screen, click 'Game Modes', then on the 'Game Mode Selection' screen at the top, click on 'Single Player'.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 5:28 AM

SamSpayed:

bigjohndough:
    the first issue is it auto charged me for a country club pass, Please refund those credits and advise me how to turn that off, never had that happen on the flash version.

Options | Home tab | Automatic CC Pass Use --- set it to None

Contact WGT Customer Support if you want a refund.  They won't respond here.

Here is a picture for you

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 7:17 PM

DonCaron:
    Big difference with the PCEA over Flash. Flash is much easier to putt, whether 14 or 10 greens. You have 4' boxes on EA and 2' Boxes on Flash. That would mess anybody up

I've heard it all now.

So many paper champs and legends and those who wouldn't have clue how to play the game are commenting as if they do.

I can imagine the reactions of top players to most of these comments. If the topic were not so concerning it be good entertainment.

No boxes here, no rulers, no calculators. Just click putter and putt, simple as that.

Some players are happy to use the above and that's what works for them. 

There is hardly any difference in putting on flash compared to PCEA, apart from clarity of dots and the Shanghai Versace billboard indicator.

To suggest 14 greens are as easy as 10s is plain rubbish.  But you'd know otherwise because you're a player who has clearly mastered the art of putting.

I'll say it again, the main problem with PCEA is the meter.

Secondary problems are too many clicking options, dots on the green are not big enough, putting indicator needs to be reduced in size considerably, and wind direction indicator needs enlarging and shifted to the top right corner.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2020 11:49 AM

Miantiao:

To suggest 14 greens are as easy as 10s is plain rubbish.  But you'd know otherwise because you're a player who has clearly mastered the art of putting.

Secondary problems are too many clicking options, dots on the green are not big enough, putting indicator needs to be reduced in size considerably, and wind direction indicator needs enlarging and shifted to the top right corner.

You need to read it again. I did not say 14's were easier.

You need to chill, your being counter productive in your posts. You are a great player and could help a lot of us, if you tried.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2020 12:26 PM

DonCaron:

Miantiao:

You need to read it again. I did not say 14's were easier.

You need to chill, your being counter productive in your posts. You are a great player and could help a lot of us, if you tried.

+1 Don.

RSS