Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 7:14 AM

ive been critical of the putting on the new version of the game mainly because of the size of road sign(telling you length of putt etc)getting in the way when you line the putt up from behind the pin. also the off ding putting no longer working as it did on the pc version took a bit of getting used to but as someone pointed out you cant use it on a proper golf course so it makes it more life like.  overall when i first played the new version i had serious doubts about it but after just 2 months of playing it regularly its growing on me

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 12:35 PM

Couldn't disagree more.  The newer version is tighter looking and cleaner.  The older version looks cartoonish with the bigger dots all over the green.  The putts on the newer version roll like in real golf on the older version they roll choppy and look more computerized than real.  You're just use to the older version and like many humans hate change even if it's better.  Just call up WGT on your flip phone and see if they can help you lol.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 12:53 PM

alreno:
    Couldn't disagree more.  The newer version is tighter looking and cleaner.  The older version looks cartoonish with the bigger dots all over the green.  The putts on the newer version roll like in real golf on the older version they roll choppy and look more computerized than real.  You're just use to the older version and like many humans hate change even if it's better.  Just call up WGT on your flip phone and see if they can help you lol.

Your juvenile sarcasm would be better placed if anyone agreed with you, especially after you posted your screenshots to try to prove your point. Hint: they didn't.

Your descriptions of the differences in quality between the two versions are ridiculously exaggerated and do not reflect my experience in any way. Apparently that is true of everyone else who has commented about it so far too.

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 1:39 PM

I've been with WGT since 2009 and have played both versions and just like switching from a flip phone to a smart phone over the years - the difference is dramatic but guys like you will argue up and down for old out of date technology.  Good luck with that lol.  It's changing for the better whether you and the other antiquated whiners like it or not.  Obviously WGT and an overwhelming majority of the players agree. CHANGE IS GOOD!  Embrace it or be left behind.  Aren't you the one who said your computer is 14 years old?  Good god.  

I'm sure you know that PC players are overwhelmingly the minority of the players.  There's a reason why - because the game isn't as good or interesting in look, play or feel.  There's a reason the tablet, phone or new pc version is more popular -  because it's far better.  If the pc version was as you say "much better overall" - no one would switch.  We all want better and like myself if the pc version was better I would never have switched to the tablet version.  But like most or overwhelming majority of players, including WGT, like playing a "BETTER NEWER VERSION".  If you don't like it stop playing or quit whining and learn to adjust and get better on the better newer version.  It's an adjustment but like new equipment in real golf - you'll learn to love it.  Give it a chance and quit defending old out of date technology.  It's just silly.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 2:03 PM

alreno:
    There's a reason the tablet, phone or new pc version is more popular -  because it's far better.

No, it's because people work and travel, so its far more convenient to carry a tablet or phone.

The flash game plays better, simple. Tried the mobile game years ago on tablet, its rubbish.

alreno:
    If you don't like it stop playing or quit whining and learn to adjust and get better on the better newer version. 

I'll be doing just that, not that I'm a regular, but I'll miss flogging your backside in Brackets alreno.

You sure you're not being paid for these sychophant diatribes?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 2:58 PM

alreno:

I've been with WGT since 2009 and have played both versions and just like switching from a flip phone to a smart phone over the years - the difference is dramatic but guys like you will argue up and down for old out of date technology.  Good luck with that lol.  It's changing for the better whether you and the other antiquated whiners like it or not.  Obviously WGT and an overwhelming majority of the players agree. CHANGE IS GOOD!  Embrace it or be left behind.  Aren't you the one who said your computer is 14 years old?  Good god.  

I'm sure you know that PC players are overwhelmingly the minority of the players.  There's a reason why - because the game isn't as good or interesting in look, play or feel.  There's a reason the tablet, phone or new pc version is more popular -  because it's far better.  If the pc version was as you say "much better overall" - no one would switch.  We all want better and like myself if the pc version was better I would never have switched to the tablet version.  But like most or overwhelming majority of players, including WGT, like playing a "BETTER NEWER VERSION".  If you don't like it stop playing or quit whining and learn to adjust and get better on the better newer version.  It's an adjustment but like new equipment in real golf - you'll learn to love it.  Give it a chance and quit defending old out of date technology.  It's just silly.

Is any or all of this aimed at me? I can't tell because of all the nonsense you talk. I'm going to assume it isn't meant for me because you have referenced things other people said not me, and practically everything you said is inaccurate.

You can't seem to help coming up with unsubstantiated hyperbole in your enthusiastic attempt to convince everyone that the PC version is and always has been pixellated crap while the tablet version is pristine high quality. Even your own screenshots don't support this, but don't let that stop you.

I have been playing the EA version exclusively for the last six or seven weeks now. There are some things I like or even prefer about it and some that I don't. But I've also been around on WGT long enough to know that what you are saying is just silly. Please don't go around talking about "the overwhelming majority of players" on WGT as if you know the first thing about what they want or like. Nobody here does and when you talk like that (and you do it a lot in that post above) I can't take anything you say seriously.

Anyway, enough. Say what you want but try to back it up with facts not wild wish-fulfillment speculation. I've said my bit and see no point in saying it again to you.

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 3:12 PM

ffs alreno get a grip man there's hardly any diff in the screens you showed us m8..

they should have taken new pics of the courses instead of using the old ones..

steve

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 3:20 PM

Wutpa:

alreno:

Is any or all of this aimed at me? I can't tell because of all the nonsense you talk. I'm going to assume it isn't meant for me because you have referenced things other people said not me, and practically everything you said is inaccurate.

You can't seem to help coming up with unsubstantiated hyperbole in your enthusiastic attempt to convince everyone that the PC version is and always has been pixellated crap while the tablet version is pristine high quality. Even your own screenshots don't support this, but don't let that stop you.

I have been playing the EA version exclusively for the last six or seven weeks now. There are some things I like or even prefer about it and some that I don't. But I've also been around on WGT long enough to know that what you are saying is just silly. Please don't go around talking about "the overwhelming majority of players" on WGT as if you know the first thing about what they want or like. Nobody here does and when you talk like that (and you do it a lot in that post above) I can't take anything you say seriously.

Anyway, enough. Say what you want but try to back it up with facts not wild wish-fulfillment speculation. I've said my bit and see no point in saying it again to you.

Well of course some of it was directed at you and many others who've responded with different things I referenced.  And yeah maybe I overstated a few things and I have a tendency to be hyperbolic lol.  But overall you get the point.

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 3:24 PM

thestevster:

ffs alreno get a grip man there's hardly any diff in the screens you showed us m8..

they should have taken new pics of the courses instead of using the old ones..

steve

My only point is the newer version is much better and that's why the game is switching to it.  If you don't agree having played both - that's ok.  I've "always" thought the pc version was much worse than the tablet version for realism to actual golf in look and feel.  Having said that - of course the scoring on pc or tablet is nothing like real golf.  We wish!  

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 5:31 PM

alreno:
    The putts on the newer version roll like in real golf on the older version they roll choppy and look more computerized than real. 

Actually, one of my main complaints with the PCEA version is that when putting, the ball looks like it's sliding on ice, not rolling.  Not realistic at all IMHO.  That's one of the things I'm hoping WGT fixes in a future release.

Try putting with one of the Callaway ERC balls on PCEA and you'll see exactly what I mean.

RSS