Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 10:57 AM

ScottHope:

That be be something to do with your computer LEDzZzEPP.

I can check the 'Run as administrator' option on my computer. (But I didn't need to, to get it running).

That seems, i have a very smart PC  :)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 11:02 AM

Bowl64:
    I have Avast antivirus installed.
    Thank you Bjorn.

LEDzZzEPP:
    That seems, i have a very smart PC  :)
    Matches it's owner then.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 1:02 PM

Bjorn, does your version of Avast have a firewall?

• RegisLDN
    136 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 1:32 PM

hello,  early disruptions

I use translator

I am a Brazilian who thinks outside my square.

When it was released WGT, I was already attending MSGolf 2000, MSGolf2003 and before that THE LADER. also some of EA (TW, Master) and lastly the much fun and fantasi "Winning Putt" (BANDAI) and already adopted Clothes (up personal) and Enchantment (up equipment) that went bankrupt (due to the exchange market and sale between players .

I can not consider myself a founding player of this acclaimed "simulation" game if I can attribute this concept, because I never noticed such a statement published by TOPGOLF, has always been: most realistic.

But the effect of this proposal is evident by the need to apply concepts, energy, movements compatible with the real to obtain good results in the course.

It is only my personal opinion that what has made this game so attractive and prestigious is the balance between reality and fantasy. Offering challenging and motivating gameplay.

If you want more "reality" the option will be "uneven lies" although I notice a bit of exaggeration in the necessary movements and results obtained.

Noticing many posts on this topic I note the requirement of many for a 100% transfer from the win flash PC version to the new WIN PC version. The vast majority claiming the most "FANTASY" part of the project: "cam video".

I can not say that this complaint comes from players who do not attend the mobile version, many of which attend also require the cameras.

What I can say as a personal opinion is that fewer cameras get more realistic, exciting and more amazing the game.

I had the opportunity to attend real golf courses for 8 years and I can say that the mobile version (in the android emulator for PC) offers much more reality immersion than the flash PC version.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 1:35 PM

ScottHope:

Avast will not get in the way. I have the free version and the game loaded and played fine.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 2:29 PM

ScottHope:

Yes it does.

• MAYDALY
    137 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 2:58 PM

my avatar that i paid for on pc version will i get that or my credits back

• RegisLDN
    136 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 2:59 PM

I just solved my problem which can be a solution for all that are barred from finishing the installation:

1. download app: lessmsi - https://lessmsi.activescott.com/

2. disable internet adapter

3. disable all firewall modes

4. run LESSMSI app

5. transfer WGT installation files to preferred folder. (program files)

6. run WGTLaucher

7. enter the game with login

8. quit the game (a golf folder will be created and the SPPatcher folder will be updated)

** Only now resume all firewal protections **

9. enable the three firewall modes

10. enable internet adapter

be happy.

career thrives

Regis (RegisLDN)

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 5:03 PM

Ok, finally downloaded the link.

Had no problem installing playing, nor getting back to the flash version.

Had it installed in less then 4-5 minutes.

My computer is emachines(older)dual core AMD Athlon II 235e 6G's of DDR2, it does have a GTX570 GPU installed.(actually, after the install, I didn't notice that much difference on WGT, but wasn't gonna pull it back out and have it sitting on a shelf)  Win7(sp1 but missing a number of updates)

Downloaded the link Champ supplied on the first page, it downloaded to my normal spot on the hard drive.  I went to that spot and sent it to the desktop as a icon.  I installed from that icon.  It does not ask there for administrator, I just used the install at the top of the list.  The game did hesitate slightly at times(think it was doing things in the background), but installed fine.  It did update right after the install,  I think I saw that it did 59/59 updates.  It gave me the opportunity to sign in, which I did(I was not signed out of the flash version) It loaded, took me a bit to figure out where I wanted to go to play a single player stroke play, but found it actually with no problem.  Changed some of the options before going into a game, had no problem.  Got into a game, played 2 holes, then finally discovered how to quit the game which I did.  Once game closed and back to desktop went to my game client browser(slimjet) it opened just fine and I was still signed in and played a couple of flash holes(no problem in doing so)

I too run the free version of Avast, never did I disable it or close it down, neither during game play or during the download/install.

I do have window firewall turned off, but I am online behind a Arris modem and linksys router.

I can if need be try this also on a custom windows 10 machine I just built(but I don't really desire to, I think enough of you have already done this with win10.

This is not a real powerful computer, don't even know if it would actually meet the minimum requirements.(it doesn't now)(most games if I go to can I run it, will not meet minimum.  I can run some steam games now, that I have the 570 gpu(it had onboard)(nope didn't buy for this, that was in my other gaming rig before I updated it to a 1060 gpu)

Some of what I have read in here, doesn't make sense with the install problems.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the game appears to be running version 1.52.0.1877572_D. 

After it was all said and done, I ended up with 2 icons on my desktop....WGT Launcher setup and WGT Launcher.

So some of the things I have seen asked for within this thread have already been changed/added.

Maybe try doing this.  Completely  uninstall and get rid of everything concerning this download, including the original link you use for download(I use Revo, for most files/directories/ and registry  entries)  Re-download the link and start all afresh.

PS...just checked concerning the avast firewall, unsure, didn't actually find anything concerning to tell me if it is on/off.  What is new is Avast Omni.  Didn't turn it on or activate.  May look further into this later(think it happened the last time Avast Updated),  I do use its browser in bank mode with other things.

PSS...checked this morning, windows firewall IS TURNED ON, have not changed any of the inbound or outbound rules(chitpot full of them)  Uninstalled with no problem, checked on both Revo and CC, it appears that there was only 1 registry entry that was put there.  The WGT uninstall cleaned pretty good.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 1:29 AM

Bjorn, if you want to have a go at allowing WGT Launcher through your firewall, you could read this article.

If it makes no difference then you can always undo it, or leave as is. 

RSS