Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:51 AM (2,013 replies)
  • AMJ47
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 8:30 AM

The new grid which comes up on the green is so confusing. Acutally it is likely to put off many players. Could we switch back to the old grid.

• meresi
    84 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 8:42 AM

first of all, you have to know how far your respective wedges and short irons are hitting a ball under nearly perfect conditions. meaning, almost no wind (Pinehurst # 3) for instance you can set  the practive mode to low wind. #3 at Pinehurst is an even fairway gives you the opportunity to test irons on 3 levels. no spin, meaning the little dot stays in the center of the ball, half and full spin, make at least 5 shots near the ding or with it, to get the average distance, record it. that will be your basics. differences in elevation, wind and such you have to include later on. keep in mind that different skill levels offer different irons and balls which adds to the spin! regarding the wind, that's quite some exhausting topic. a hint, with the so called magnus effect and the right wind you might be able to hit a ball even over trees or other obstacles. putting, you can practice in the putting mode, watch out for this section on the left hand side at the bottom on the playing site. mind the green speed which you can alter accordingly. there you can practice on almost even surfaces or ones with quite some breaks. make notes...there is page i am using for calculating the breaks, unfortunately in german, which doesn't bother me for i am used to that sprache...lol

there you are:https://rechneronline.de/steigung/

i am working with this calculator to figure out the aiming point. and mind as well, the faster the green speed is, the more influence it will have on breaks. downhill putting has more break than uphill

have fun

meresi

• meresi
    84 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 6:00 PM

rofl...indeed, i am so sorry, it wasn't meant to show up in your account. anyway, thanks for the advices, but i have my own calculator for putting distances and break calculation, which works quite fine as long as i hit the ding and i like to strain my brain to keep it working

• meresi
    84 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 6:18 PM

first of all, you have to know how far your respective wedges and short irons are hitting a ball under nearly perfect conditions. meaning, almost no wind (Pinehurst # 3) for instance you can set  the practice mode to low wind. #3 at Pinehurst is an even fairway gives you the opportunity to test irons on 3 levels. no spin, meaning the little dot stays in the center of the ball, half and full spin, make at least 5 shots near the ding or with it, to get the average distance, record it. that will be your basics. differences in elevation, wind and such you have to include later on. keep in mind that different skill levels offer different irons and balls which adds to the spin! regarding the wind, that's quite some exhausting topic. a hint, with the so called magnus effect and the right wind you might be able to hit a ball even over trees or other obstacles.

putting, you can practice in the putting mode, watch out for this section on the left hand side at the bottom on the playing site. mind the green speed which you can alter accordingly. there you can practice on almost even surfaces or ones with quite some breaks. make notes...there is page i am using for calculating the breaks, unfortunately in german, which doesn't bother me for i am used to that sprache...lol

there you are:https://rechneronline.de/steigung/

i am working with this calculator to figure out the aiming point. and mind as well, the faster the green speed is, the more influence it will have on breaks. downhill putting has more break than uphill

have fun

meresi

• leighbullock
    1,009 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 2:45 AM

been out ov game few month's and since ive been back and topgolf took over seem like the wind's have changed...iff any one can give me a link were i can get some sort ov measurement rule or scale id be much obliged ty Danny (leighbullock)wgt

• LLLlloyd88
    176 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 9:12 AM

I've been using this JR ruler. I see there is a pro version as well, I haven't tried that one.

http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/jruler.htm

RSS