Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 7/30/19 ***

Sun, Aug 11 2019 3:47 PM (26 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 3:47 PM

Thanks Alan, found the tournament rules as well in the meantime.

They really highlighted the part about eligible players. :) The way they handle it makes sense imo. I hope I'm not misremembering, but I think Naturali made it to the finals last year despite only getting to the second round of the bracket because everyone else was ineligible/couldn't go. It sucks for all the ineligible players, but still the best solution. 

Would be great to know how they proceed with the seeding after the Qualifier. It would make sense to try and play a suberb round if it means an easier opponent in the first round(s) of the bracket whereas if it's random seeding one try may suffice. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 4:10 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 10:57 AM

birchi:
    Would be great to know how they proceed with the seeding after the Qualifier. It would make sense to try and play a suberb round if it means an easier opponent in the first round(s) of the bracket whereas if it's random seeding one try may suffice. 

Last year they split it odd even number of qualifying positions in either bracket and then sorted both brackets alphabetically :-/

My guess they will sort who goes in what bracket in a similar way (1, 5, 9.........) but who knows on the order.

If it is 1,5,9 etc there's no way of being confident about who will be in what bracket until qualifying finishes.  Say you were in 1st and the person that was 5th went 4th late, that would change everyone in your bracket.

Added to that there may be people in false positions, just doing enough to qualify. 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 11:53 AM

Heck I just be happy if tech support would answer the simple question of why I can not create a new Country Club.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 12:55 PM

Noticed the updated Callaway ERC ball.  Cool, I'm playing them this season IRL.  However, no yellow option.  GRRRR.    Would have bought a few sleeves just to have some LOL.

Edit, and a quick look at Callaway's website, the PM19 wedges do have a 64 degree.  Sigh.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 4:14 PM

Whats next?....Auto-Putt?   hahaha...this ''game''

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 4:25 PM

hpurey:
    Noticed the updated Callaway ERC ball.  Cool, I'm playing them this season IRL.  However, no yellow option. 

What's up with Callaway getting away from yellow balls? And do you think those lines are putting aids, or even just alignment aids for every shot? Just seems like an odd design but then Callaway turned soccer balls into golf balls so you never know.  LOL

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 4:33 PM

hpurey:

Edit, and a quick look at Callaway's website, the PM19 wedges do have a 64 degree.  Sigh.

Callaway added a 64* Mack Daddy in real life, but they never added it in-game.  So I wouldn't hold your breath about ever seeing a 64*, 60 yard, Callaway wedge in this game, ever.  It's a real shame that when clubs get "added", all they really are is a re-skin of what was already there.  Hardly anything with really NEW attributes ever gets added. *shrug*

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 5:59 AM

YankeeJim:

hpurey:
    Noticed the updated Callaway ERC ball.  Cool, I'm playing them this season IRL.  However, no yellow option. 

What's up with Callaway getting away from yellow balls? And do you think those lines are putting aids, or even just alignment aids for every shot?

In real life, yes, those lines are awesome for lining up putts.   I was skeptical at first but not after putting them to use.  Plus  no more sharpie line on my club faces from the line I used to put on the ball.   Here in WGT land, those lines would mean nothing but kind of wondering if you'd see the lines roll end over end during a putt.  Like seeing the Truvis dots in motion. ;-)

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2019 1:06 PM

birchi:
    - What will the seeding in the brackets look like? Just a random draw or will #1 play #64 in the first round; does it make sense to try to get as high up on the leaderboard in the Qualifier as possible?

I'm not sure if seeding has been 100% decided yet, but I believe we will be seeding 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63 etc. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS