Help › Forums

*** Release notes 7/30/19 ***

Sun, Aug 11 2019 3:47 PM (26 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 11:41 AM

Hi everyone,

Here are the release notes for last nights update:

Oh, wait, they are already posted and can be found here. Sorry, ya all (my attempt at an accent), I passed out early last night. Moving places and it has been exhausting in the 90f+ heat.

-WGTicon a.k.a I can't wait until it's over and I am settled in

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 12:11 PM

Pre sweet update Icon, thx. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 12:14 PM

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 12:15 PM

Thank you for sharing the updates!  Hope it is cooling off for you.... I guess an option would be to do more in the middle of the night when the sun goes down!  Just watch your step...

When I saw the new wedges, I thought maybe there was a chance... we would see the 64 deg of the PM grind that I possibly foresaw or hoped for in this thread a little over a year ago... PM Grind and Vokey both referenced... 

Don't get me wrong -- the graphics are great and all of the new wedges look really sharp, but I couldn't really see any qualitative differences from the previous models offered.  I am not trying to be critical here but rather inquisitive… 

In the past it was suggested the reason the 64 deg wasn't offered in the Mack Daddy line was because it wasn't sold or offered as a 64 deg wedge in the forged line.  

Now Phil is quite literally known for his wedge game and if I recall correctly even placed something as severe as  68 or 70 deg in his bag at one time for a particular tournament.  I can't imagine Phil not carrying a 64 deg wedge, yet it is excluded from the line with his initials on it... just seems odd.  Now I realize we wouldn't be able to execute his famous shots with his lob wedge, but we could still try right : )  BTW it would be one heck of a replay to pull off the backwards flop he has shown in practice and live play -- with a 64 deg wedge of course...

Am I missing something?  Again, not trying to be critical but rather inquisitive.  I know you are all doing as much as you can to grow the game.... Thanks for your time... 

graciously, 

a student of the game...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 12:36 PM

WGTicon:

Where's the note about no longer being able to buy balls?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 1:36 PM

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 10:23 AM

Two questions regarding the VUSA:
    - Will only players who are eligible to win the trip be able to qualify for the bracket phase of the tournament this year?
    - What will the seeding in the brackets look like? Just a random draw or will #1 play #64 in the first round; does it make sense to try to get as high up on the leaderboard in the Qualifier as possible?

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 11:55 AM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

Oh, wait, they are already posted and can be found here. Sorry, ya all (my attempt at an accent), I passed out early last night. Moving places and it has been exhausting in the 90f+ heat.

Hope this is not off topic, but it has something to do with Pro Shop. The Titleist L89 (1050 credits) Lime color, doesn’t have the super vapor trail like its suppose to, maybe you can check into that, if that’s not too much trouble..thanks

I also posted this in Product Suggestions section, just hoping you can see it here faster.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 2:27 PM

SlickHunter:

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

Hope this is not off topic, but it has something to do with Pro Shop. The Titleist L89 (1050 credits) Lime color, doesn’t have the super vapor trail like its suppose to, maybe you can check into that, if that’s not too much trouble..thanks

I also posted this in Product Suggestions section, just hoping you can see it here faster.

thanks i'll check

birchi:

Two questions regarding the VUSA:
    - Will only players who are eligible to win the trip be able to qualify for the bracket phase of the tournament this year?
    - What will the seeding in the brackets look like? Just a random draw or will #1 play #64 in the first round; does it make sense to try to get as high up on the leaderboard in the Qualifier as possible?

i would say follow our rules. if they are not clear, best to email us at members@worldgolftour.com to clarify. :)

YankeeJim:

WGTicon:

Where's the note about no longer being able to buy balls?

it's a bug :)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 3:33 PM

birchi:

2. Eligibility.

Participation in the Contest is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Note, however, that only individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Norway, Ireland, The Netherlands, and South Korea who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory ("province") of residence, whichever is greater are eligible to win prizes.  Only players who reside in countries eligible to win prizes will be entered into the bracket tournament.

birchi:

They may not know yet, but four to make the trip this time. It sounds like outside the 9(?) eligible countries you don't even get the 2,000c for being in the top 64..

QUALIFIER PRIZE:  The best 64 scores in the Qualifier tournament will each be awarded 2,000 WGT Credits at the conclusion of the Virtual U.S. Amateur Qualifier, and will be entered into the Virtual U.S. Amateur Bracket Championships as long as they are eligible to win prizes based on their country of residence. Only players who reside in countries eligible to win prizes will be awarded WGT Credits and entered into the bracket tournament.

BRACKET PRIZES:  The final two players in each bracket will both be awarded WGT credits at the conclusion of the Bracket tournament.  The winner of each bracket will win 3,000 credits and the runner-up will win 2,000 credits.  Bracket winners must accept and participate in the live championship in order to claim the credit prize.

The winner of each bracket will win an all-expenses paid trip to Las Vegas, Nevada to play in the Virtual U.S. Amateur Championship live event at Topgolf Las Vegas.

The real mystery to me is why WGT would want folk to to "email us at members@worldgolftour.com to clarify" rather than clarify here.  Surely many e-mails read and replied to is more work than a clarification here :-/

RSS