Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 7/29/19 ***

Thu, Aug 1 2019 7:53 PM (108 replies)
  • 308Shooter
    27 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 6:23 AM

All of the head to head matches in the coin rooms are counting as full rounds (random average drops, round awards, etc.)

• Turalyon
    95 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 6:36 AM

And another “problem” lots of clubs gone from pro shop...

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 6:41 AM

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 6:42 AM

Yep. Something is definitely messed up. I just checked our club home page and multiple club members have been promoted because of this scoring glitch. I have no idea how they are going to go back and fix 100s if not 1000s of players who have all had their averages jacked up and also move them back to the tiers they are supposed to be at. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 6:53 AM

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 6:59 AM

TopShelf2010:
    For the sake of argument, why should they be moved back? They are the ones personally  exploiting a glitch?

I'm pretty sure most people had no idea that it exists and are just playing normal rounds that they would normally play. If I had not checked the forums this morning before I played a round it could have happened to me. I posted a topic in our club forum that unless you want to be promoted or have your average jacked up I would suggest not playing any ranked rounds until it is fixed. But I am not quite sure exactly what rounds will cause this so I am afraid to play anything at the moment. 

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:39 AM

Apparently WGT wanted to make mobile coin play count in some way for averages. 

Unfortunately you can play one hole in a coin room and it shows up like you played 18 holes and you get the score for the one hole played. 

Just goes to show you how well the internal testing of updates at WGT works and tends to point out what a number of us have said for a long time.  WGT should recruit a group of volunteers to test the updates before rolling them out.

• HalHoff
    827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:39 AM

Playing a one hole coin game (or any coin room)  now affects avg. If they just tiered up and played a 1 hole coin game, their average is now 3.0  as that’s how many shots they took in the game. 

• Jill1989
    79 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:46 AM

I don't think most are necessarily exploiting the glitch as the only way not to is not play at all.  Everything you do is counting towards your score average...whether it be a head to head game in a coin room to the Best of Par 5s, etc.  If you want to play the game, the  glitch is going to get you regardless.  

If I was still a tour master and knew of the disadvantages of being a legend, I would not be happy if I all of a sudden saw my average dropping below 61.  I'd be scurrying to load my bag with WGT standard clubs and their free balls and go play Olympic with high winds and champion speed greens until my average was back up to a safe 70...far away from legend.  Lol.  

Somehow all games are counting as ranked rounds...to undo I don't know if that's something as simple as unchecking boxes in a program menu?  And if those games were removed as ranked rounds, would it then automatically remove those games from everyone's score history and recalculate score averages based on remaining posted scores.

That to me is feasible, don't know if reality though.  Probably what isn't is moving everyone back to the tiers they were at before the glitch.  It seems there are many ways to tier up, more than just playing so many ranked rounds at your current tier and achieving a certain score average...with that I doubt you could roll back tiers. 

Another part of the glitch, if anyone noticed, is a big boost in XP you earn for whatever game you're playing.  At least a 25% bump in XP over what you would normally get.      

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:59 AM

TopShelf2010:

BHenke2:

Yep. Something is definitely messed up. I just checked our club home page and multiple club members have been promoted because of this scoring glitch. I have no idea how they are going to go back and fix 100s if not 1000s of players who have all had their averages jacked up and also move them back to the tiers they are supposed to be at. 

For the sake of argument, why should they be moved back? They are the ones personally  exploiting a glitch?

Don

I have to agree. I just hope it does not come back and bite them.

RSS