Forums

Help › Forums

back after all these years - graphics???

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 4 2019 2:03 PM (26 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2019 7:21 AM

If it is pixilated on his monitor but looks good on all of yours doesn’t that support my question about his monitor? 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2019 7:34 AM

mrbit:

https://ibb.co/2cDJC5n
    https://ibb.co/zhY9nhj

as you can see the fonts are pixelated and the trees and background too - some things are fine like distance etc

Now you're getting somewhere. By the responses to your pics as well as what I see, do you have another monitor you could try just to eliminate it as the problem?

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2019 7:59 AM

also if you have a laptop plug your montor cable into that and see if it helps any

if it does your monitor is on the way out

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2019 10:06 AM

If his monitor was cream crackered, wouldn't everything look pixellated and not just the game?

Mrbit, some parts of the game do look a little pixellated normally, especially where there is text that is an image or part of an image. These images may be low resolution to keep the load times down and the player is not a particularly high resolution object either.

• mrbit
    54 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2019 12:01 PM

thanks for all the rsponses guys - I think maybe because I havent played for over 6 years my brain tricked me into thinking the graphics were better - maybe after all the time off ive forgot what the graphics were like

im sure when I used to play it was very high res pictures in a game

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2019 12:05 PM

You could probably verify what you're thinking by shrinking the playing screen to the approximate size of your old laptop. See if maybe the smaller the pic gets, the sharper it gets.  :-)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2019 2:03 PM

hpurey:

ScottHope:
    those images look perfectly fine to me.

same here.

He may need to take a picture with a cell phone or digital camera and upload it so we can see what he is describing.  

Ditto - those look fine to me.  Maybe he needs some glasses?

I'm just kidding - it deos seem strange, though.  It is definitely not in WGT's end.

RSS