skip nav

Forums

swing meter slip

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 18 2019 2:49 AM by santa084. 15 replies.
  • chupra United States
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:11 AM

Dear WGT,

For a couple days last week , when ever i would begin a stroke,  the meter would release before i had reached my apex. Then it cleared up and i was able to get a few good rounds in. 

But it started again today. It does this with all clubs including putter. The worse part is that sometimes when putting it will release early and i end up with a 2 inch putt.

I thought maybe it was my mouse, but when it is acting this way the driver and 3 wood sound like i used a wedge. So i am thinking it must be something to do with the game.

Anyhow, hope you have some advice cause it's costing me strokes. Thank you for your time,    

chupra

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,273 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:29 AM

chupra:
     I thought maybe it was my mouse

Definitely sounds like a mouse issue.

Does your mouse take batteries? If so, it would be wise to replace them

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,273 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:44 AM

chupra:
    But it started again today

If not the mouse as I stated in my first reply, you may very well have a bad flash file. Clear all your caches and try again.

If you are playing the Mobile Version, you could always uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    1,577 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 12:24 PM

TopShelf2010:

chupra:

Definitely sounds like a mouse issue.

Does your mouse take batteries? If so, it would be wise to replace them

Don

This was always the fix when I had the problem.  Cordless mice are prone to this (as are cordless keyboards).

Other problems with a mouse include accidental slips of the scroll wheel, which will change the last thing you clicked - like club, shot type, putting meter, etc!

Digg
    Delicious
  • YankeeJim United States
    24,312 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 2:21 PM

chupra:

Low batteries and a dirty/dusty laser eye will do this. The sound thing may just be coincidental and a result of a corrupted file. Clearing your cache like what was suggested  fixes that and replacing the battery in your mouse should fix the other thing. Make sure the laser eye is clean.

Digg
    Delicious
  • chupra United States
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:58 PM

Thank you for your replies and comments.

It is a desk top, and not wireless. But having read your comments I believe now that it is the mouse. 

The good thing about that, is that now I know the fix is in my own hands.

Once again thank you .....chupra.

Digg
    Delicious
  • seacrawler United States
    8 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:15 PM

Over 10 Million Register players. Throw up a Challenge Match Play and get the same ole players..hmm. Sometimes never see a player.. So the 10 Million is B.S..

Digg
    Delicious
  • HackWilson1930 United States
    1,144 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 4:32 AM

Perhaps the best way to play WGT and have little concern about mouse batteries is to use a wired mouse. Mentally it helped me and it did solve click issues that I once had.

Digg
    Delicious
  • chupra United States
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 5:20 AM

My computer is a desk top, and the mouse is wired. 

I responded yesterday to thank you all for your advice, but for some reason the post did not come through.

Anyhow after reading your comments, you all mentioned issues that i didn't mention in my OP. Issues that i do have, so obviously you are all speaking from experience and it is the mouse.

I flushed the resolver cache and then restarted my computer. I just played the weekly nations single play. I birdied holes 1 & 2 and left the approach shot on 3 wide right on the green. I had a 53 ft putt, and sure enough the meter released early for a 2 inch putt. I left the subsequent putt 3 feet below the hole, which i made for a bogey that should have been a par. It cost me two more strokes later in the round.

Anyhow, I'm sure the neighbors think I've lost my mind over here.

I wonder if the right click can eventually wear down and not have a clean connect. I don't know.

Well, once again , thank you for your responses ......chupra

Digg
    Delicious
  • Zzyzx01 United States
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 6:01 AM

chupra:

Anyhow, hope you have some advice cause it's costing me strokes. Thank you for your time,    

chupra

I had similar issues with a wired mouse.  Turns out when I took the mouse apart I found a collection of dust between the left click button and the actual switch on the circuit board.  After removing the debris, the mouse worked fine.  Hope this helps.

...henry

Digg
    Delicious
RSS