swing meter slip

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 18 2019 5:18 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chupra
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:11 AM

Dear WGT,

For a couple days last week , when ever i would begin a stroke,  the meter would release before i had reached my apex. Then it cleared up and i was able to get a few good rounds in. 

But it started again today. It does this with all clubs including putter. The worse part is that sometimes when putting it will release early and i end up with a 2 inch putt.

I thought maybe it was my mouse, but when it is acting this way the driver and 3 wood sound like i used a wedge. So i am thinking it must be something to do with the game.

Anyhow, hope you have some advice cause it's costing me strokes. Thank you for your time,    

chupra

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:29 AM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:44 AM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 12:24 PM

TopShelf2010:

chupra:
     I thought maybe it was my mouse

Definitely sounds like a mouse issue.

Does your mouse take batteries? If so, it would be wise to replace them

Don

This was always the fix when I had the problem.  Cordless mice are prone to this (as are cordless keyboards).

Other problems with a mouse include accidental slips of the scroll wheel, which will change the last thing you clicked - like club, shot type, putting meter, etc!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 2:21 PM

chupra:
    I thought maybe it was my mouse

Low batteries and a dirty/dusty laser eye will do this. The sound thing may just be coincidental and a result of a corrupted file. Clearing your cache like what was suggested  fixes that and replacing the battery in your mouse should fix the other thing. Make sure the laser eye is clean.

• chupra
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:58 PM

Thank you for your replies and comments.

It is a desk top, and not wireless. But having read your comments I believe now that it is the mouse. 

The good thing about that, is that now I know the fix is in my own hands.

Once again thank you .....chupra.

• seacrawler
    24 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 6:15 PM

Over 10 Million Register players. Throw up a Challenge Match Play and get the same ole players..hmm. Sometimes never see a player.. So the 10 Million is B.S..

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 4:32 AM

Perhaps the best way to play WGT and have little concern about mouse batteries is to use a wired mouse. Mentally it helped me and it did solve click issues that I once had.

• chupra
    6 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 5:20 AM

My computer is a desk top, and the mouse is wired. 

I responded yesterday to thank you all for your advice, but for some reason the post did not come through.

Anyhow after reading your comments, you all mentioned issues that i didn't mention in my OP. Issues that i do have, so obviously you are all speaking from experience and it is the mouse.

I flushed the resolver cache and then restarted my computer. I just played the weekly nations single play. I birdied holes 1 & 2 and left the approach shot on 3 wide right on the green. I had a 53 ft putt, and sure enough the meter released early for a 2 inch putt. I left the subsequent putt 3 feet below the hole, which i made for a bogey that should have been a par. It cost me two more strokes later in the round.

Anyhow, I'm sure the neighbors think I've lost my mind over here.

I wonder if the right click can eventually wear down and not have a clean connect. I don't know.

Well, once again , thank you for your responses ......chupra

• Zzyzx01
    1,251 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 6:01 AM

chupra:

Anyhow, hope you have some advice cause it's costing me strokes. Thank you for your time,    

chupra

I had similar issues with a wired mouse.  Turns out when I took the mouse apart I found a collection of dust between the left click button and the actual switch on the circuit board.  After removing the debris, the mouse worked fine.  Hope this helps.

...henry

• PAGES
RSS