Help › Forums

Tour Champ?

Mon, Jan 21 2019 4:00 PM (46 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 2:37 PM
    Fencer100:

55 !!

Try looking at the Tour Champions in Cool Citizens Country Club, only one has an average below 55, and one is even over 61, so I reckon all the above is conjecture. 

Plenty of Red Tee Warriors in that tier too !! Surely they should have made the criterion much more stringent to get to this tier, as it is anyone can just hit a red tee tourney multiple times and move up. What a joke !!

Yep. My average has gone up to 58. Average resets when you move up in tier.
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 2:37 PM

alosso:
    I strongly doubt both numbers, 200 and 55.0.

From what I've seen in our CC, the 55 mark is 100%. Everyone under it tiered up with their 1st round, everyone above it, even slightly, did not. As for 200, who knows. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 3:36 PM

alosso:
    C saturation HAS BEEN 200 before, and many Cs report a new phase of fluctuation.

My saturation has stayed the same at 200 rounds. I've seen no fluctuation since the introduction of the new tier. Additionally, I've only seen Tour Legends reporting that their average started fluctuating again after having been saturated before the new tier. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 4:26 PM

alosso:
    Furthermore, one Champ in my CC has been promoted to TC with an average well above 55 (but below 58, IICR).

I think what was happening was folk were turning TC after their first round post the update and that gave them their TC average.  If you're sure one of them was a couple of shots over 55 before the update it's the first report I've seen of this happening.

One of them did score 58 and 57 on the 19th, the other higher than that.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 5:52 PM

I've played heaps more than 200 RR's maybe even 500 as wouldn't have a clue  lol. My Ave is 57.69 at the moment. 

One thing is for sure that the 1st Ranked game you play is the new average you have after you get promoted.

Maybe they took earnings into the aquation too who knows.  It will be a pleasant surpise if I get promoted as it's something to work for again instead of twiddling my thumbs in a Tier that basically goes nowhere  lol

I love playing the shorter tee's as it's a bit of fun but not too often. So I suppose the red tee warriors as they have been called are not too happy about it now.

The New Tier is a very good thing to happen as the Elite had to have their own Tier.  It also gives the other Champs a bit more of a chance to get higher up in the leader boards and get more people entering the comps.  I just have to learn how to shoot low scores now   lol

Have fun peoples

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 6:38 PM

@mantis0014 

The consensus is that the average needs to be 55.00. 

One thing is absolutely clear: they did not take earnings into consideration. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 7:16 PM

Robert1893:

@mantis0014 

The consensus is that the average needs to be 55.00. 

One thing is absolutely clear: they did not take earnings into consideration. 

Oh yes.  As time goes by we will figure out what it is to get promoted eventually.  55 Ave is the go at the moment by the looks of things

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 11:03 PM

DodgyPutter:
    alosso:
    Furthermore, one Champ in my CC has been promoted to TC with an average well above 55 (but below 58, IICR).

I think what was happening was folk were turning TC after their first round post the update and that gave them their TC average.  If you're sure one of them was a couple of shots over 55 before the update it's the first report I've seen of this happening.

Of course I though of that, but there wasn't a single TC round showing in his history.

To be clear: The profile showed only Champ rounds and an average well above 55 after the promotion to TC!

DodgyPutter:
    f you're sure one of them was a couple of shots over 55 before the update it's the first report I've seen of this happening.

Well, you missed one. I reported the fact here before.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 2:19 AM

Ok alosso if you think found the only reported case, and I should have said case before, then fine.

This person doesn't have significant earnings or a long and great MP record, in short there isn't an obvious reason they should have been promoted where many others were not.

I'm sure you also know that not all rounds show instantly in the score history and, whatever did show, he had played as that was neccesary for the promotion (I know, maybe quit etc).  Perhaps speak to them and ask after what the upgrade came?

For the vast majority what was needed was to be saturated, average under 55 and to play. 

I'd say there is a strong possibility wgt will change the number of rr's to saturate in the future, less likely the average.  They had to put it at 200 for now as they seem to have wanted their new tier populated. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 4:24 AM

alosso:

Of course I though of that, but there wasn't a single TC round showing in his history.

To be clear: The profile showed only Champ rounds and an average well above 55 after the promotion to TC!

Of the 2 TCs from your CC you can only be referring to my northern neighbour.. The only 3 rounds he has showing as a champ since the new tier update are in WGT monthly tournaments, which he likely entered at the start of December, long before the update. So every score he posted there would of course be listed as "champ", even after he tiered up. His avg in the first 3 or 4 rounds after the tiering up (which includes the before mentioned monthlies) was above 65 and that was his avg as a TC. But I bet he was a below 55 avg champ, when he woke up on December 19th.

Edit:  You have a 55,41 avg champ in your CC, who's only played around 150 odd rounds in his tier and around 1150 total. So if he tieres up in the next 100 rounds, the 200 required rounds would be all but officially confirmed.

RSS