Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 4:56 AM

bader76:

I swear I could not see his name before, must be going bay crazy lol

Have you looked for the other signs! ?,

Hair's on the palms of your hands! ;)

Ken

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 5:16 AM

PAULFINN52:
    it was an oversight with the sels squads no on here but we have nothing to hide and they they are all on page 1 of the forum,

I'm pretty sure all teams will have been on their own CC forums, mostly before being posted on here.

I didn't think there was anything tactical, if they had been shown with the others they could have (as everyone could) been changed anyway.  It was just, as you implied, it's part of the fun looking at other squads.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 6:32 AM

PAULFINN52:

DanielT5:

As of this date the Georgian will be fielding one team. Thanks Paul for again holding the Worldcup tourney.

sorry friend your too late its full

should have posted 2 days ago man there was a spot sorry

Finny I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, just a thought.  Last year (maybe other years too) a team has had to pull out for some reason or other, would it be worth saying now that if any team drops out the Georgian one replaces them.  May be better than the possibilty of some only having two group games.

Of course it would also depend on whether or not the Georgian want to be first reserves.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 7:34 AM

night be an idea but would georgian want to wait ,i have confidence in these teams this year

• DanielT5
    2,035 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 7:45 AM

If any team decided to drop out the Georgian will be happy to replace them but just not to far down the road. Paul, I will need you to friend invite so that if this happens we have direct messaging. I will not be looking at the World Cup postings every day on WGT forum. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 7:52 AM

Could only ask them but with all teams qualifying for one of the ko comp's they'd still have a shot at a few matches and even winning a trophy.

Edit: Oops a bit late :-)

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 11:14 AM

As a new team captain in this, I've been looking through the rules and this forum for the answer to a number of questions.  I found the answers to several, but could not find them for 3, as follows:

1.  Reporting results:  Do the players report them here (which would really clutter up this forum) or does the captain collect them and report them through email?

2.  Match play:  Do we play it to conclusion and the OT counts, or is it a tie if tied after 18 holes?  (I would want to play to conclusion anyway to collect the xp points.)

3.  Stableford:  I know what that is, but what is the exact scoring for par, birdie, etc.?  Also, I know of no way to do that through WGT, so I assume the 2 opponents have to keep track of it themselves.

Thanks, Tom.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 11:38 AM

Kenher01:

bader76:

I swear I could not see his name before, must be going bay crazy lol

Have you looked for the other signs! ?,

Hair's on the palms of your hands! ;)

In the interests of full disclosure, and for the sake of your sanity, I will confess that you were right about SpazzStick being inadvertently left off the list (with apologies!), but I quickly added him after I saw your post and he was there the next time you looked.....

Nigel.

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 12:35 PM

generally when someone notices something and one of us fixes it, we will put a quick thank you for the spot and say it's fixed.... we will work the bugs out by the final round or sooner lol

Cheers

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 12:50 PM

jacktrade51:

1.  Reporting results:  Do the players report them here (which would really clutter up this forum) or does the captain collect them and report them through email?

2.  Match play:  Do we play it to conclusion and the OT counts, or is it a tie if tied after 18 holes?  (I would want to play to conclusion anyway to collect the xp points.)

3.  Stableford:  I know what that is, but what is the exact scoring for par, birdie, etc.?  Also, I know of no way to do that through WGT, so I assume the 2 opponents have to keep track of it themselves.

Thanks, Tom.

1 = yes you post them here and a crack team of forum moles transfers the results to the main sheets, link found on page 1 "Groups"... tab at bottom of the sheet will say "Fixtures/Results" and yes gets crowded over 200 pages last year, we encourage both players to report the results because we want you to share how it went, how you liked it and share with the others, it is what makes this tournament so fun. Meet folk and have some fun, share it with others.

2= during the group stages, so the first 3 games, 8 players a team, you play to 18 for points, if it is A/S after you have played 18 you both get points, less then an all out win, but points.Feel free to play it to completion for forum bragging rights but officially it ends in a tie... in the knockout stages it will be 9 players a side and you play it until someone wins, so after 18 your into  sudden death.

3. yep the way we do it, our stableford is a stroke by another name, but it is fun and we like it and after some disscussion .. we decided to keep it for at least this year.

Cheers,

Dotty

RSS