Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 7:49 AM

Kenher01:

PAULFINN52:

yo tom

i have updated the rules file on page 1 with the stableford scoring

here it is anywaY

bogey = 1 point

par = 2 points

birdie = 3 points

eagle = 4 points

d/eagle = 5 points

i have also put a a link to a file for the captains,this explains what i want from you during this world cup,

as to sending squads me or dots will accept them but he has requested more duties so send them to him lol,

onky joking dot either will do 

any players not sure about anything please ask the question,i want everyone happy and ready to go MARCH 1ST 

Hi Paul,

Just an Idea/suggestion, As the Stableford round Is a bit off could the scoring be spiced up a bit.

Say award an extra point for an Eagle, Make It a real risk/reward scenario "If I Eagle this & he birdies It I'll gain 2 points on the hole on him but If I go for the eagle & mess It up I could be looking at a fustercluck"

What ya think, Might make The Stableford round more exciting! ?

Ken

il have a chat with the lads ken,we did look at this last year but decided to leave it as it was,might be an idea thx

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 8:13 AM

PAULFINN52:

Just an Idea/suggestion, As the Stableford round Is a bit off could the scoring be spiced up a bit.

Say award an extra point for an Eagle, Make It a real risk/reward scenario

I tend to agree with Ken.  What was posted is barely different from stroke play so why bother.  Just do stroke play in that case.

If you care for a suggestion, it would be 0-bogey& below, 1-par, 2-birdie, 5-eagle, 8-dbl. eagle.  Maybe -1 for dble bogey and below.

That said, my club is happy to be in this for the fun of the game and we will happily follow the rules, whatever they are.

Tom.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:27 AM
    trans pirates has cosa nostra flag in group table.......its a lovely flag but we would prefer our own lol......regards mickey
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:52 AM

ok mick will sort it ok sorry lol

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 12:16 PM
    PAULFINN52:

ok mick will sort it ok sorry lol

no apologies...thank you sir
  • CSBarbarian
    1,625 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 12:16 PM

jacktrade51:

PAULFINN52:

Say award an extra point for an Eagle, Make It a real risk/reward scenario

I tend to agree with Ken.  What was posted is barely different from stroke play so why bother.  Just do stroke play in that case.

If you care for a suggestion, it would be 0-bogey& below, 1-par, 2-birdie, 5-eagle, 8-dbl. eagle.  Maybe -1 for dble bogey and below.

That said, my club is happy to be in this for the fun of the game and we will happily follow the rules, whatever they are.

Tom.

+1

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 1:42 PM

PAULFINN52:

bogey = 1 point

par = 2 points

birdie = 3 points

eagle = 4 points

d/eagle = 5 points

I'm not sure what I think about the other suggestions on this.  If eagles scored so heavily then it could give too much weight to only a few holes of the eighteen.  Better equipment may then come more to the fore.

I do think you have made it worse/more like strokeplay than before.  If the scoring  is sequential then it is predictable (strokeplay) one beyond the sequence, zero for double bogie is right.  The difference from strokeplay now only comes now with a triple bogey or worse (which score 0 rather than -1 etc).

A way to make it different from strokeplay, and perhaps also reward the attacking play mentioned, would be to shorten the sequence. No points for par would at least make it differ from strokeplay if there was a bogey. 

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 2:41 PM

Have to say I do like Kens idea (never live that down) but damned I`ll give blondie those extra points if we get paired up, Sorry gang bit of a private joke but bak on track, Great idea Ken for when Same tiers may against one another...

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:11 PM

DodgyPutter:

PAULFINN52:

bogey = 1 point

par = 2 points

birdie = 3 points

eagle = 4 points

d/eagle = 5 points

I'm not sure what I think about the other suggestions on this.  If eagles scored so heavily then it could give too much weight to only a few holes of the eighteen.  Better equipment may then come more to the fore.

I do think you have made it worse/more like strokeplay than before.  If the scoring  is sequential then it is predictable (strokeplay) one beyond the sequence, zero for double bogie is right.  The difference from strokeplay now only comes now with a triple bogey or worse (which score 0 rather than -1 etc).

A way to make it different from strokeplay, and perhaps also reward the attacking play mentioned, would be to shorten the sequence. No points for par would at least make it differ from strokeplay if there was a bogey. 

Hi,

I didn't consider the other end of the scale, What If apart from getting rewarded extra for an Eagle or better a player also gets "punished" for a bogey, Say 0 points or Is that going too far!?.

The lower Tiered/level player will still have the advantage of The Handicap to level things out

Ken

RSS